When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best dog breed in the world?

Dani

Definitely a pitbull. In my life I have owned many different breeds and never found one that comes close to a pitbull in personality, loyalty, obedience, etc, etc, etc.

I could rant for days on the subject.

I'm on my laptop and don't have many pictures. Here's one of the big boy, can't keep his eyes open...it's too early in the morning (10AM)

rainyday001jl1.jpg

Must say I'm surprised (or am I?) at all the typical examples given here. Rottweilers, Dobermanns, Pit-Bulls, Staffordshire Bulls. All governed under the Dangerous Dogs Act in the UK. And rightly so.

I know Dani can rant for Norway on the subject, but Alan touched on an important point. It's down to the owners how a dog behaves, there is a responsibility there, one that has been abused and ignored by a certain class of owners, hence the legal clampdown. I have no doubt that there are proper owners and breeders of these type of dogs out there, but you've had it ruined for you by those types who see these dogs as a 'weapon' something to carry around to threaten others and compensate for their lack of penis size. Media not helped but what do you expect? You never read "3-year old girl savaged to death by golden retriever" over your Sunday breakfast do you?

You now what they say about ignorant people? ;)

So what you are saying is if some owners are bad and some types of owners is attracted to a certain breed we shoud punish the breed not the bad owners? great way to deal whit things :rolleyes: Like whit bad parents and man their is alot of them in the UK lets ban children its no human right to have kids lets save a few from being abused,raped by their parents so we just ban having kids in some city's or maybe go so far to ban certain people having kids.....Yeah i agree its a little far of but same crappy idea..

Its like the UK laws are any good :animal_rooster: kids kill other kids whit knifes yeah lets ban the knifes they never use to comit the crime like butterfly knives,spring knifes and such.... like the kids cant get a kitchen knife that is just as deadly from the family kitchen..Like the kids killing kids got any better after they banned butterfly knifes and switchblades :rolleyes:

To bad this UK laws actuality gets placed in Norway also in a direct way <_< Stupidity follows stupidity..

Golden retriever is one of the top family dog their is no question their so now i ahve not heard of it as i can recall now.

You see not all whant a dog that can be stomped on and not do [censored], i now that if i get attacked my dog will do its best and fight until death to save me at the same time its the most social dog i have meet in my life..My family have owned all from golden,rottis,bulldogs,german sheperds my dog beats them all in social behavior against humans..Not only my dog but almost all pits,staffis,amstaffs i meet is so good dogs much better overall impression that any other breed i meet when out.

I have never understood why thugs and such people want a pitbull they are the worst guard dogs ever produced, at least 4 kennels i now about in the states use other breeds to guard their pitbull kennel..Truth is pitbulls are breed to be kind against humans, Rottis,Doberman is breed to be aggressive towards humans so what is best!? a dog breed to fight other dogs or a dog breed to be aggressive towards humans you chose i have already done mine ;)

A 2008 study of 6,000 dog owners who were interviewed indicated that smaller breed dogs were more likely to be

dani isnt that video in your original post shows an owner who is creating an aggressive dog??

does it look to be aggressive towards anyone beside the tire? does it look mean and aggressive? NO its playing its fun..

its activation of the dog keeping its mental state on top..

A dog just as a human can act out when it has nothing to do and never gets activation and play time.

and why? ;)

I could say because they're 'double-hard bastard' dogs, and make the person walking the dog look like a double-hard bastard :lol:

It's primarily because I know they make excellent guard dogs, and will pretty much rip and intruder's throat out, but, are excellent with children, and capable of being well trained. The coat is also nice, as I doubt they shed as much as a longer haired breed. Of course, UK law now bans docking the tails other than for genuine medical reasons (such as when the tail gets damaged) but, having been brought up seeing Rotties with docked tails, seeing them with the full tail looks really strange :lol:

To be honest, I like all animals (particularly guinea pigs) but if I could have any dog, it would be a Rottie ^_^ (to make me look like a double-hard bastard ;) )

Must say I'm surprised (or am I?) at all the typical examples given here. Rottweilers, Dobermanns, Pit-Bulls, Staffordshire Bulls. All governed under the Dangerous Dogs Act in the UK. And rightly so.

I know Dani can rant for Norway on the subject, but Alan touched on an important point. It's down to the owners how a dog behaves, there is a responsibility there, one that has been abused and ignored by a certain class of owners, hence the legal clampdown. I have no doubt that there are proper owners and breeders of these type of dogs out there, but you've had it ruined for you by those types who see these dogs as a 'weapon' something to carry around to threaten others and compensate for their lack of penis size. Media not helped but what do you expect? You never read "3-year old girl savaged to death by golden retriever" over your Sunday breakfast do you?

Talking of golden retirevers, where are the labradors, Scottish terriers, Westies, Afghan hounds and others. Why is RWG such a hotbed of Rottweilers and Pitbulls? Thank God for Alan and his poodles, that's all I'll say :lol:

I guess ultimately, I want a dog which, when it's older, will be able to serve as a guardian for my wife and (future) children. I want something which will rip an intruder/rapist/paedophile to pieces, but equally, be of calm enough temperement to leave with children without having to worry that it will rip them to pieces instead. To be honest, whenever I read about a dog mauling a child, I always wonder what the child did to the dog to provoke it, or, how it had been raised and treated thus far. I think such instances are simply examples of the owner failing to raise the dog properly.*Edit to add (or failing to teach the child to treat animals with respect) I cannot ever imagine a properly trained dog ever turning on it's 'pack' without provocation to make it do so. Watching programs like Animal Planet, even neglected dogs are friendly towards the rescuers, it is only the abused/poorly raised dogs which can be aggressive.

I know Dani can rant for Norway on the subject...

:fishing:

Caught me a whopper here eh Dani? ;)

I won't quote your rant - but suffice to say I don't disagree, I'm not saying it's 'right' they are banned, but it is right to put them under the Act given the high-profile attacks. Of course it's knee-jerk but what do you expect when we're talking about small children being ripped to pieces? And yes it may be isolated incidents, but even one is enough to force the powers that be to act. If anything I see it as a way to weed out those types of owners who do the most harm, and then maybe lifting it at a later time.

Back OT, I saw our neighbour out walking his little pooch in the park today...well at least it was little last time I saw it maybe last year. It's now put on a few pounds, not quite ready to take a lion down (as its heritage dictates) but a big [censored] nonetheless. If I had 'security' worries like Teejay has, then this is what I'd want. Rhodesian ridgeback. A dog and a half :o

rhodesianridgeback332x1jw6.jpg

I won't quote your rant - but suffice to say I don't disagree, I'm not saying it's 'right' they are banned, but it is right to put them under the Act given the high-profile attacks. Of course it's knee-jerk but what do you expect when we're talking about small children being ripped to pieces? And yes it may be isolated incidents, but even one is enough to force the powers that be to act. If anything I see it as a way to weed out those types of owners who do the most harm, and then maybe lifting it at a later time.

Back OT, I saw our neighbour out walking his little pooch in the park today...well at least it was little last time I saw it maybe last year. It's now put on a few pounds, not quite ready to take a lion down (as its heritage dictates) but a big fucker nonetheless. If I had 'security' worries like Teejay has, then this is what I'd want. Rhodesian ridgeback. A dog and a half :o

Dude, I don't have security worries, it's a case of I don't want security worries :lol: For example, malls don't hire security guards because they have problems, but because they want to protect their assets ;) With that philosophy in mind, I want the best of both worlds. Something which will be soft as butter with my family, but hard as nails should the need arise, because someone's trying to fuck with them. My wife's a bit nervous of big dogs, so I figure if we got a Rottie puppy, she'd get used to its size as it grows :)

Back OT, I saw our neighbour out walking his little pooch in the park today...well at least it was little last time I saw it maybe last year. It's now put on a few pounds, not quite ready to take a lion down (as its heritage dictates) but a big [censored] nonetheless. If I had 'security' worries like Teejay has, then this is what I'd want. Rhodesian ridgeback. A dog and a half :o

I argue against it but people that feel its some what right never seem to give any good arguments.

If your look at it as correct then get more on the banning list at least 40 other breeds can and will some day in the near future rip apart a kid some where in the world.

Its a stupid way to think as you can't predict the future and you cant always make everything safe, if a Rottweiler or amstaff kills a child its a freak incident and the owners shoud be punished also rules to ownership shoud be that owners will have to be stand for all what their dogs to so if their dogs kills a child they shoud stand trial for the murder..Then and only then we will see a big drop in thugs getting dogs..

Cheers

PS That cat looks [censored] off :lol: It's thinking: "I had all my feet on the ground a minute ago, dammit..." :lol:

That's their natural expression. Not [censored] off. Kind of like a cross between bare tolerance (oh go on then if you must pick me up and stroke me :rolleyes:) and bored resignation due to the knowledge they have better things to do.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

That's their natural expression. Not pissed off. Kind of like a cross between bare tolerance (oh go on then if you must pick me up and stroke me :rolleyes:) and bored resignation due to the knowledge they have better things to do.

That's very true :lol: that said, the only time my mother in law's cat looks like that, it's because she's [the cat] pissed off :lol: I have to admit, there's somethign a lot more rewarding about a relationship with a cat. Dogs are [normally] unconditionally loving, where as cats tend to make someone earn their affections B)

That's their natural expression. Not [censored] off. Kind of like a cross between bare tolerance (oh go on then if you must pick me up and stroke me :rolleyes:) and bored resignation due to the knowledge they have better things to do.

I woud still be a cat person if i lived outside the city where they can walk safe around, lost my first cat to a car hit it and left it in the road his name was Massimo a very special cat i cant even explain have special he was to this day more then 10years later i still miss him so much almost get tears in my eyes thinking of him..

My next cat was from a shelter his brothers and sisters had been killed or died of damage after some one had dumped them and hit them whit a object tru the bag, he must have been hit in the head also as he was a maniac totaly crazy but still i loved that little tiger he died due to complex fracture i did use all my savings on his operation but did not help that much but to pass away i almost think as best for him and the other cats where i lived :p

Cats rocks.