When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the Asian "faux GMT" twin-time movt?

mars08

It's just the basic Asian 21J movement with and extra gear for the "faux" GMT hand. Similar "bastardization" as the wrong hand stack ETA 2836-2 "faux GMT".

This article sheds some light on its features.

There are many different 21J Asian movements. I think some sort of Seagull is the most common. We just call them "Asian movements". Yes, most of them are very primitive and cheap. But they have surprisingly good track record.

Sometimes you might receive a defective one, but they're usually decent, functional movements (keeping the price in mind).

I'm not too sure what Asian movement is in my PAM029, but, it has the independantly settable GMT hand (anti-clockwise crown rotation) with clockwise crown rotation setting the date. It would be a lie to say that it has always ran flawlessly out of the box, as, every so often, it will freeze, and require a little nudge on the balance wheel to get it going again. (probably needs servicing) That said, it does not do that while being worn, and has always kept good time. :good: