When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Partial Collection

RobbieG

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to find the time to shoot more and more watches. It is getting easier as the collection is shrinking - although I doubt it will shrink much more. I currently have 11 pieces and I have shot 7 of them so far. 4 more to go and you can see the complete list in my new Signature. Two of those will be likely sold though and replaced with others so I really only have two more to shoot in the permanent collection - The UN DualTime 42MM and the Sinn 757. In the meantime, here are the seven I have done so far:

UN12r.jpg

DJ9.jpg

Aquatimer7r.jpg

Fish12r.jpg

PO1.jpg

T16.jpg

177i.jpg

Yeah me too man. Just amazing. Both UN's have the highest level of fit and finish of the watches pictured. Just holding the MMD would blow your mind. Actually, the Fish is not far behind and is another stand out in that regard. Believe it or not the Aquatimer while easily the most comfortable is probably the second to lowest build quality on the list. The PO easily beats it for half the price - and so does the 1900's enamel dialed homage. I still love it though as it is REALLY comfortable as an everyday watch. The best bracelet around for sure. But the little details like how the crown feels while winding, the marginal AR and lume and 7750 rotor noise start to become more obvious with stuff like the MMD around. No contest in the quality department. IWC is funny that way. Not beating up on them - I mean hey, I own it right. But some of their range is world class and others aren't. I used to have the BP and it is amazing and world class. But the AT's, the non-7day portugese watches, the other pilots, etc. are all pretty marginal. The higher end Portugese watches, the new vintage line, & the Ingy are really nice though.

Nice pieces and shots R. I am so deeply in love with the UN.