When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 111H from Andrew my new love!

Steve G

Ok so a lazy summer Sunday here in NJ, I decided to take some pictures of my new PAM 111h from Andrew, as always a great transaction. It came with a rubber diver's strap, which is nice, but I had a brown rep strap lying around. Actually bought these rep straps from Eddy on the board. Thanks Eddy! So I was kind of board this morning and decided to see if I could distress my strap, with some guidance from one of the other board members (Credit to Enzo for method used). I think it came out ok, might do a little more damage later on, but better than the cheap rep look :D

Let me know what you guys think :thumbsupsmileyanim:

83621-29862.jpg

83621-29863.jpg

Back shot....

83621-29864.jpg

Full on band shot:

83621-29865.jpg

83621-29866.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, it may just be me but the 111H is pure class. Putting a distressed strap on it is like wearing jeans with a tuxedo.

But, I know also this is very personal so wear it with style and class.

Usil

Doesn't everyone wear a tux with jeans? :D Seriously though I hated the rep strap that came with it and still haven't found what I want to replace it with. So I stumbled across a thread on the dark side which showed how to distress a strap and I played around. Basically, soaked it in bleach for like 10 minutes, then with a toothbrush, brushed away the cheap looking paint that covers a nicer leather underneath. Then left in the sun to dry, used some leather cleaner and scrubby sponge to scuff, and that's it. It does look much better, as I figured I had nothing to loose. I tried it on a black strap as well.

I like it very much!

And great work on the strap!

As I see that stitching threads are not damaged, I suppose you used chemical methods (perhaps bleach), did you?

EDIT: apologies, I see you answered my question while I was typing it... :D

EDIT 2: I've never been able to succesfully bleach a black strap, only brown straps.

I like it very much!

And great work on the strap!

As I see that stitching threads are not damaged, I suppose you used chemical methods (perhaps bleach), did you?

EDIT: apologies, I see you answered my question while I was typing it... :D

EDIT 2: I've never been able to succesfully bleach a black strap, only brown straps.

I admit the brown ones come out nicer the cheap camel plastic looking rep strap is what is in the picture. The darker plastic rep strap comes out darker. Black, well I just don't soak for as long maybe less than 4 or 5 minutes, just enough to take off the plastic sheen, it still leaves it lighter than I like almost a greenish washed out black which doesn't look too bad with the green markers of the PAM. Now I saw a thread where someone used a certain permanent maker to do just the stitching a greenish color to match. That look real nice.

Basically, soaked it in bleach for like 10 minutes, then with a toothbrush, brushed away the cheap looking paint that covers a nicer leather underneath. Then left in the sun to dry, used some leather cleaner and scrubby sponge to scuff, and that's it. It does look much better, as I figured I had nothing to loose. I tried it on a black strap as well.

Thanks for the info! I'm giving that a try right now.

Now I saw a thread where someone used a certain permanent maker to do just the stitching a greenish color to match. That look real nice.

That was me. :) Thanks for the appreciation.

After the greenish (luminova-like) accent on that strap's stitching, I also tried an orange yellow (rose gold-like) on the stitching of a rose gold watch strap, and it came out even better. I plan to post pics soon.

I have the 111h and I have been looking for a nice black croc strap for it. I need 125 by 80 in size and have had problems finding exactly what I want. Black croc does not seem to photo well and I do not want to pay USD 130 for it without knowing exactly what it looks like.

Anyone already bought a Black Croc Strap they think is the best?

Usil

That was me. :) Thanks for the appreciation.

After the greenish (luminova-like) accent on that strap's stitching, I also tried an orange yellow (rose gold-like) on the stitching of a rose gold watch strap, and it came out even better. I plan to post pics soon.

That was you! Man that looked awesome. You read so many post here and see so many pictures you forget what and from who yoiu saw. Can you tell the the details on the marker I found the company but would probably have to go mail order for it, but I need to know what green color you used.

Did you use it on white stiching? Is is really permanent? Looked AMAZING

That was you! Man that looked awesome. You read so many post here and see so many pictures you forget what and from who yoiu saw. Can you tell the the details on the marker I found the company but would probably have to go mail order for it, but I need to know what green color you used.

Did you use it on white stiching? Is is really permanent? Looked AMAZING

Thanks again, Steve!

I do not want to hijack your thread even more than what I've already done.

So, please have a look at my latest post here (I posted it essentially as an answer to your kind interest).

Cheers,

sss