When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mystery Watch

The Mentalist

It could be the Raymond Weil, except that the chapter ring would still be visible in the photo. And it's interesting that it's either 12 O'clock exactly, or that watch has just one singular, short hand. There is writing at the 12 and 6 so its either a two-word name, or a one word name and logo.

Is this a snapshot from a movie? You can always find a better snap. If it's just a photo--oh well...

Edited by Codammanus-2014

It could be the Raymond Weil, except that the chapter ring would still be visible in the photo. And it's interesting that it's either 12 O'clock exactly, or that watch has just one singular, short hand. There is writing at the 12 and 6 so its either a two-word name, or a one word name and logo.

Is this a snapshot from a movie? You can always find a better snap. If it's just a photo--oh well...

Ish. A TV Show. Doctor Who. I believe, Christopher Ecclestone was the only actor to portray the Doctor, who actually wore a wrist watch. Other incarnations have had pocket watches.

On topic, I'm wondering if it might've been customized with a larger crown, rather than being a completely purchased watch. I believe, that John Barrowman wears a Rolex Date-Just in his portrayal of Captain Jack Harkness (and often wears Rolexes when not 'in character') so maybe someone on the Doctor Who staff is a watch enthusiast :)

Ish. A TV Show. Doctor Who. I believe, Christopher Ecclestone was the only actor to portray the Doctor, who actually wore a wrist watch. Other incarnations have had pocket watches.

On topic, I'm wondering if it might've been customized with a larger crown, rather than being a completely purchased watch. I believe, that John Barrowman wears a Rolex Date-Just in his portrayal of Captain Jack Harkness (and often wears Rolexes when not 'in character') so maybe someone on the Doctor Who staff is a watch enthusiast :)

Well spotted Teejay. The watch is Chris's own as was never part of his official costume. An email to his agent has not got any answer but given the huge amount of watch knowledge on these boards I'm surprised someone didn't immediately say "it's xxxx watch".

On closer inspection, it's not the Raymond Weil as the lugs are bevelled on the outer edge not straight as in the Raymond Weil. It's close though.

Edited by The Mentalist