When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which FA Jones worth it

imleg

Nearly all of our dealers are offering the IWC FA Jones with perfect design on the back

Unfortunately it is the CN version of the 6498.

I'm asking mt self which one is better to have. Anyway both are reps.

What you guys think

Imleg

in this case go for the "cheap goodlooking one" it is near closer then the 6498 swiss, or wait till that one is engraved...

succes

arthur

Nearly all of our dealers are offering the IWC FA Jones with perfect design on the back

What you guys think

Imleg

What you guys think

Imleg

To me, the numerals and the subdial look overprinted on all these watches: the font is too bold.

It still looks a little too fake to me- I'll wait for a better dial.

I'll probably have to wait forever.

Guest avitt

With a high quality strap, you could wear this cheap Asian rep forever, and nobody would ever call you out on it. Remember, there are only 4500 Jones' in existence, and they aren't even all in circulation.

Choice of which one to buy comes down to whether or not the look of the movement is important to you. I don't expect that there will ever be a Swiss version of this movement, but I'm not worried about using the Asian one. Remember, this is a copy of a huge, pocket watch movement...not some little chronograph.

To me, the numerals and the subdial look overprinted on all these watches: the font is too bold.

I dunno.....Held the original (blued hands version) in my hand with the rep. I didn't see that. As a matter of fact I saw no discernible flaws with the naked eye.

I brought the rep to my IWC AD and compared the two (I wasn't shy about it because I've already purchased 4 IWC's from them)

The dial and font from the original and the rep is almost identical. Unless you hold it right next to a gen, there is absolutely no possible way that anyone can spot the differences (even on the movement... unless you're a rep collector) Even the dealers couldn't tell it was a fake unless it was compared side by side.

The average person wouldn't know what to spot as a rep or gen. Most people probably never seen one in person, especially for a watch that only 4500 units were produced. So how are they gonna know it's a rep or gen? Don't get me wrong, there are visible differences. It just won't be noticeable to the average person.

I brought the rep to my IWC AD and compared the two (I wasn't shy about it because I've already purchased 4 IWC's from them). The dial and font from the original and the rep is almost identical. Unless you hold it right next to a gen, there is absolutely no possible way that anyone can spot the differences (even on the movement... unless you're a rep collector) Even the dealers couldn't tell it was a fake unless it was compared side by side. The average person wouldn't know what to spot as a rep or gen. Especially for a watch that only 4500 units were produced.

Strong testimony from the man with the IWC avatar. Thank you for sharing your observations - THAT was very helpful. Armchair comparisons of pictures on the internet doesn't beat side by side comparisons with the genuine article.