When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cousteau Diver 2006

acebassoon

Hey all,

Newbie here. I just purchased my first replica today. After reading all of the posts I made a decision to purchase a CD06 from Eurotimez. Is there anything that I should do immediately after receiving the watch? I've read some posts where people talk about sending in their watches for servicing and such and was wondering if I should do anything of that nature.

Thanks for your time

Best,

Chris

Hey all,

Newbie here. I just purchased my first replica today. After reading all of the posts I made a decision to purchase a CD06 from Eurotimez. Is there anything that I should do immediately after receiving the watch? I've read some posts where people talk about sending in their watches for servicing and such and was wondering if I should do anything of that nature.

Thanks for your time

Best,

Chris

The MOST IMPORTANT rule to alway's follow !!

never set the Day Date with the hands between 9pm and 3am... for me I alway's take it down to 5:30 respective of my local time..

ignoring this will (if not immediately) cause damage to the DD wheels .. and they will be stuck and you will be unable to release them unless you know a repair person that works on reps..

Live Stroing and Wear it Well

Lani

Lani's the Rafflemeister...heed his warning.

Believe it or not...this warning applies to gens as well. If you read the manual to Valjoux 7750 gens...they tell you the same thing...so this is not something that's a problem with just reps.

Additional advice you will learn from reading posts in this forum includes:

- Ideally, Asian 7750 movements are reliable, but usually dry (no oil) or dirty. They will run fine if not serviced for about a year...but reliability after that decreases. If serviced within that timeframe (i.e. before damage from running dry metal on metal means more expensive parts replacement), it can potentially have the lifetime of a gen (again, assuming the standard 5 year re-service cycle for regular use is followed).

- Accuracy on the watch may be off at the start. Running the watch continually for a few days will help "break it in"...but generally it may take up for a month for the movement to settle (just like a car)

- The Zigmeister (the rep repair master) has stated that winding an A7750 movement by the crown is not desireable as it involves much greater wear and tear on the movement vs. relying on the rotor. The ideal way to keep things moving is a winder, or usage. If it stops, a few gentle swirls will get it going and an active day should get the watch "charged up" and get for a little less than 2 days of power reserve

- When screwing the crown back in, push it in gently and turn it gently COUNTER-clockwise (as in UN-screwing the crown) until you feel a slight bump/click. This is when the threads have mated. At this point, start screwing the crown in. By just screwing in the crown without trying to align the threads properly, you run the risk of stripping the threads on the tube/crown

Other than that...remember...mechanical watches (gens included) are semi-fragile...don't smash or drop them...and avoid water unless it passes a pressure test (with reps...this is dodgy...even if the vendor says it's alright).

WOW...so much free information...and good information at that...and good information from some pretty esteemed members of this community. :) IF you find it has helped...make sure you put back to the community and post about your experiences...take photos...upgrade your membership.

Wonder if the info will get to aceb.. before it's tooooo late :rolleyes:

oh one mo thing TT...;

Never wear your Rep into an AD !!!

Hey...we've done our part...whatever happens happens right? At least the brother did some research and jumped right in...no oft-repeated questions...no engaging in flame wars...just straight out research and purchase.

Old school man!

Hey...we've done our part...whatever happens happens right? At least the brother did some research and jumped right in...no oft-repeated questions...no engaging in flame wars...just straight out research and purchase.

Old school man!

Roger that !!.. and ace even said:

acebassoon Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

Thanks for your time

Best,

Chris

He's a newbie with Class !! ;)

never set the Day Date with the hands between 9pm and 3am... for me I alway's take it down to 5:30 respective of my local time..

ignoring this will (if not immediately) cause damage to the DD wheels .. and they will be stuck and you will be unable to release them unless you know a repair person that works on reps..

saved for posterity ... Thanks !