When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice needed on possible purchase

rmcsherry

In my quest to find a Graham Chronofighter, I accidently stumbled upon this. I assumed a rep of a B.R.M would never see the light of day, so didn't bother looking - it seems there is one though. It's surprisingly true to the original, even the display back is accurate (obviously the chrono functions are wrong, but never mind!). I'm waiting for a price on this one, it looks like it should be sub £40 - so it's pretty cheap. Here it is:

84419-29695.jpg

Notice the one small flaw? They've stupidly branded it Graham, there are no BRM faces out there! If I go ahead and get this, are there any ways to change the logo (I know it's not going to be a simple job) - or even get a custom dial? It's a real shame, because it's not far off of the original considering it's such an obscure brand - but BRM make such distinctive watches and they're advertised in so many classic car magazines, it'd not be long before I had unwelcome comments. Here's the original for comparison - the side and back are more or less the same on the gen and rep (other than the Graham rotor, which can easily be swapped for a plain rotor) - the only major flaws are the hands and the logo (which I am aware is a fairly important part of any rep!).

84419-29696.jpg

It's a BRM V12-44 (the rep has the standard leather checker strap though). If you know if it's possible to get dials modified / made, I'd be interested to know - I'm really tempted to buy it despite the huge flaw purely because I'll never come across another one, and can't afford the gen!