When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strange Date Change Issue

nc35

Hi All

Bit of advice please...

I have the Ultimate Sub from Andrew. Never left my wrist in nearly a year, apart from adjusting the 1min per day loss (should say I only adjust once a week or so)

But twice a month on the 7 / 8th and 22nd / 23rd the date change is "lazy" Normally it clicks over at midnight, but twice a month it slowly changes, completing at about 09:20

Any ideas??? Is it an easy fix for someone??? Can you recommend someone to fix/service the watch in the UK?

Thanking you all in anticipation

Lee

I'm a noob on repairing watches but ....

Could be the case that your date wheel isn't completally flat.

If you devide your date wheel with 31 positions in 360 degrees 7/8 and 22/23 are opposit of each other.

But agian i'm only a noob in this matter.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sounds like there is a clearance issue with the date overay and the dial on those specific days. The datewheel overlay (which is a thin metal calendar disc glued to the ETA datewheel) is used to reposition the location of the date to better match that of a Rolex's. This overlay may be either lifting, or not affixed down correctly on those particular date, hence causing the date change to stick, as the overlay is rubbing/coming into contact with the back of the dial.

Not the most difficult fix, but the movement does need to come out of the case and dial and hands removed to access.

195_9537.jpg

Thank you all for your quick replies.

As I don't have the tools to open up the watch and take the bezel etc off, so its over to a watchsmith.

I have sent a couple of pm's to Tom Highway, but no replies yet :(

Can anyone please recomend a UK based expert to fix at the watch for me?

Thanks again

Lee