When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111h project progress

mjmurphy926

My 111h is moving right along.

The latest addition is the T-60 crown. Even though T discovered his crowns had 12 more teeth than a gen crown, they still look great. The workmanship is top notch. If he decides to do a 48 tooth version, I'll replace this one, but until then, I'm more than happy with it.

I tried to setup a makeshift light box, but the shots came out a little bright. Some day I'll invest a few bucks and buy a real one.

IMG_5244_edit_small.jpg

IMG_5187_edit_small.jpg

I'm finally happy with the movement. I've swapped some gears and bridges with other movements, cleaned up the paint on the bridges, and regulated it to +2 sec/week. It will go to The Zigmeister in November for cannon pinion replacement and service. Other than that, I think it's done.

IMG_5267_edit_small.jpg

I'm still in love with the V CG. Here are a couple shots that show the shape of this awesome little chunk of steel.

IMG_5297_edit_small.jpg

IMG_5305_small.jpg

Still to come:

DSN sapphire crystal now with chieftang receiving double AR. Should be back in a couple of weeks.

In November, it goes to The Zigmeister for the above mentioned work plus lume.

I've kind of grown tired of the standard rep sandwich dial. I'm searching for a better dial. If I can't find a sandwich dial I'm happy with, I may end up switching to a 113 dial.

Also, the strap is a custom made cognac gator from member xlr8tn's Cajun Straps. I love it!!

IMG_5256_edit_small.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Mike

Awesome! Very close to 100%.

I agree both on a perfect dial and a perfect crown if you will get them, but it is also a wonderful piece right now. Congrats!