When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best End of Days?

ghost

Hi everybody, i'm new here, but have been trawling the board and trying to learn abt all this stuff...man it's a whole new world here! With the lingo, abbreviations...oh man, is it hard to keep up. If only there was a glossary.

But i digress, i'm actually writing to ask if the seniors here can point me in the right direction towards the best EOD Rep? Been researching the eurotime MBK MBW (whatever that means/ stands for), vs the Puretime one....

Cheers!

all EoD's that are currently available have the running seconds at 9...there are just two different versions from Puretime...one with the seconds subdial at 9 and one with seconds subdial at 12 - but both of these versions have the running seconds at 9...

all the above versions have been released before the movement with running sec at 12 was released...and this is why there is no still dial and case done for the EoD with running sec at 12 - but it should be done as one of the members told you

there are a couple of pictorials of both versions on the forum...you should use the serach function and find them...there is a pictorial done by Uncle Jay who is a happy owner of the genuine AP EoD and he did some comparison pics - gen vs. rep...

I have the MBW/MBK version and I am happy with it...there are a couple of flaws...such as wrong positions of the subdials due to inappropriate mvt...running sec at 9...wrong caseback - it doesn't have engraved the serial number (solved on Puretimes edition), it doesnt have the marker above the 12h subdial...some wrong writings on the tachymeter scale...everything else is pretty well done...

all EoD's that are currently available have the running seconds at 9...there are just two different versions from Puretime...one with the seconds subdial at 9 and one with seconds subdial at 12 - but both of these versions have the running seconds at 9...

all the above versions have been released before the movement with running sec at 12 was released...and this is why there is no still dial and case done for the EoD with running sec at 12 - but it should be done as one of the members told you

there are a couple of pictorials of both versions on the forum...you should use the serach function and find them...there is a pictorial done by Uncle Jay who is a happy owner of the genuine AP EoD and he did some comparison pics - gen vs. rep...

I have the MBW/MBK version and I am happy with it...there are a couple of flaws...such as wrong positions of the subdials due to inappropriate mvt...running sec at 9...wrong caseback - it doesn't have engraved the serial number (solved on Puretimes edition), it doesnt have the marker above the 12h subdial...some wrong writings on the tachymeter scale...everything else is pretty well done...

Thank you so much bro! Shall do my due dilligence :)