When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB All Black

Guest Sql_pl

I wonder if anyone got the All Black from Joshua or Angus?

2d9352a967e6ee9011d4bf02c5fa1fc5.image.750x497.JPG

Now that it got kind of affordable at $648 I started to think it might be worth trying.

I know that datewheel is wrong as it is white on black while it should be black on black but I might be able to live with this flaw if all the rest will be good.

Any experiences with this rep?

I already asked Angus to take some pics in diff lightin to see how it looks like but maybe there is a person who's already got one?

Please let me know.

I think it might get a lot of attention from other people when they see you wearing one!

Thanks!

Hello M,

I have been thinking of getting an HBB AB for a long time now. The problem with this version is that the case is PVD. One scratch and You are done with it. Plus the texture and reflections of ceramic (as You perfectly know) are nothing like those of the PVD'SS. The price might be tempting, but I will wait for this maker to release a full ceramic case.

PS: I know there is a full ceramic version already out, but I have no idea how good it is. This is a watch that is so hard to photograph correctly. I never understood if the dial is mat black with glossy numerals, or dark gray.

Guest Mr Jones
PS: I know there is a full ceramic version already out, but I have no idea how good it is. This is a watch that is so hard to photograph correctly. I never understood if the dial is mat black with glossy numerals, or dark gray.

Dial is - antracite mat.

I just received my full ceramic model today. The pictures below are from the dealers site.

I have to say I'm very pleased with it. The ceramic really jumps out at you.

I'm told that some models have PVD covers over the strap which is something you might want to look out for.

Note that the rotor center doesn't have the serrations that was an easy rep giveaway on earlier models.

Also there is a fine adjust on the regulator that had previously been missing.

The only discrepancy that irritates me is that they are still using decals on the rotor rather than engraving.

I was concerned that this watch may have been to large for my spindly wrists but it seems fine.

Enjoy!

ResizeWizard-6.jpg

OldBrit,

From the date font and the regulator, it's clear that this uses the 21,6 movement. How is yours holding out? Does it keep acurrate time?

Is this from Time4Direct? How was their customer service?

Thanks!

I just received my full ceramic model today. The pictures below are from the dealers site.

I have to say I'm very pleased with it. The ceramic really jumps out at you.

I'm told that some models have PVD covers over the strap which is something you might want to look out for.

Note that the rotor center doesn't have the serrations that was an easy rep giveaway on earlier models.

Also there is a fine adjust on the regulator that had previously been missing.

The only discrepancy that irritates me is that they are still using decals on the rotor rather than engraving.

I was concerned that this watch may have been to large for my spindly wrists but it seems fine.

Enjoy!

ResizeWizard-6.jpg

jj69,

Yes this is the model from Time4Direct. I did a quick review over on RWI which you can look at. Had no issues with them but as I mentioned in the review you only really know how good a dealer is when things go wrong. Since they are new to 'direct end user' sales I suspect they will try real hard initially.

Mickey,

Yes you are correct the display back is PVD. Basically the bezel, top plate, bottom plate and the 2 plates over the strap are all ceramic. The underside display ring and the inner body are all PVD. This means that the upper [censored] you see protruding on the top side by the crown, and the one 180 deg opposite, are PVD. I would have preferred the ring to be ceramic but I'm OK with the body being PVD since ceramic may be hard but it's also very brittle and those little posts on the flanges are just too close for comfort. I guess I stand corrected; not a full ceramic but mainly ceramic.

Incidentally, I work with ceramics quite a lot thru my work and have always liked the translucent appearance of white ceramic. I would be really interested in seeing some close ups of the white version.

OldBrit