When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Utimate Planet Ocean Strap Question

cheswick

Ok, so first off, I apologize if this has been asked before. But most of the info I dug up says the straps don't quite fit right without small holes drilled into the watch case. But then again, those are old posts, so I'm just looking for some clarification. I'm about to pull the trigger and order the UPO with a steel strap but definetly want a rubber one also.

Does this strap: http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1786 fit the UPO's without any difficulty? I appreciate any help in this regard!

Ok, so first off, I apologize if this has been asked before. But most of the info I dug up says the straps don't quite fit right without small holes drilled into the watch case. But then again, those are old posts, so I'm just looking for some clarification. I'm about to pull the trigger and order the UPO with a steel strap but definetly want a rubber one also.

Does this strap: http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1786 fit the UPO's without any difficulty? I appreciate any help in this regard!

I don't think you'll have any prolems fitting that to a UPO. As far as I know, the issue with the rubber straps with the pegs (and the hole in the case) was relating to 20mm Seamaster straps being 'forcefit' into a PO case with a 20mm lug space, rather than the correct 22mm lug space (and 22mm strap width) which the PO 45 should have. If anyone else knows different, I'll be happy to be proven wrong :)

TeeJay, you ain't never wrong. :)

Thanks, bro, I had a feeling it was restricted solely to the 20mm strap/lug space rather than the full 22mm variety, but I haven't read anything about anyone fitting that particular strap to the UPO, so didn't want to rule out the possibility I was wrong :lol:

TeeJay, you ain't never wrong. :)

Actually, this time he is LR :(

The Silix rubber strap is designed for the Silix 45mm PO which has slightly different hole positions on the lugs. When these straps are fitted to an UPO, the strap will pop out between the lugs occasionally. Larger springbars help, but do not always solve the problem. For an UPO, he would be better to buy Josh's strap, which is much better quality and built to fit the UPO.

Actually, this time he is LR :(

The Silix rubber strap is designed for the Silix 45mm PO which has slightly different hole positions on the lugs. When these straps are fitted to an UPO, the strap will pop out between the lugs occasionally. Larger springbars help, but do not always solve the problem. For an UPO, he would be better to buy Josh's strap, which is much better quality and built to fit the UPO.

Ahh... Larger springbars is starting to ring a bell :lol:

Thanks for pointing that out, I stand corrected :)