When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobmariner from Chris at Eurotimez.

marcl

Well after lots of reading and research i finally decided to to buy a rep. I have always thought that reps were rubbish. made badly and inaccurately with quartz movements, you know what i mean, theres nothing worse than a Rolex with a tick (if you what i mean).

But as I did my research on here i became more and more surprised at the look and supposed quality of some of the watches.

Anyway I'll start at the beginning. About 11 years ago my dad gave me his Omega deville, solid gold and very beautiful, quite a big watch really. That was the start of a bit of a watch obsesion. And about a year later I bought a moonwatch well that was and is my favourite watch of all time i think. The only problem was it didn't have a date and as you all know has to be wound by hand. It also has an acrylic crystal that is much easier to scratch. I cringed everytime i bashed it.

So i bought a seamaster, the black one with the solid hands. . (i used to know all the numbers of by heart but then i got a girlfriend). I think i love it as much as the moonwatch now. That watch is so nice! The problem was the same though, when the watch got bashed it made me cringe.

so what now? well i thought i should buy a cheap watch for holidays etc.

post-15401-1221587759_thumb.jpg

post-15401-1221587822_thumb.jpg

post-15401-1221587998_thumb.jpg

post-15401-1221588164_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your 1st 'super' rep watch. The LV is not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it for what it is.

You might consider having someone replace the crown & crown tube on your watch with gen parts. This is a very simple mod for anyone skilled with a set of watchmaker tools & it will improve the overall look & feel of your watch.

crown_assembly1.jpg

Thanks for all the replies.

When i wrote this last night i was very tired, as i have a bad cold. I would just like to add a couple of points on the quality of the watch.

Clasp. Very good a little sharp but easy to sort with a Garryflex rubber. very good quality doesn't come open etc. Very nice!

Bracelet. Very good also. From what i remember of the original, i would imagine it would be difficult to tell the difference (after a little polishing to the edges as they are also a little sharp).

watch case. Now remember I'm not striping this watch down to its component parts, so I'm just looking at the general finish. and it is also very good. The polishing on the sides of the is very nice indeed.

Crystal. Is lined up with the date (as promised in Chris' quality control).

Crown guards. now this is probably the most talked about subject. But i think they are good and have no complaints.

Lume is good but dies after an hour or so. But at night when I'm asleep i don't need to know the time. So not bothered.

movement is the Asian 21j. I think it sounds lovely and sweeps well. some people say the rotor is noisy but i don't really agree. You have to have it up to your ear to hear it. And you look pretty stupid shaking the watch, whilst its stuck to your ear. I think the problem with this movement is, it needs servicing from the start. Chris does this, so problem solved!

Now i know most of you already know most of this, but i thought it might answer questions from people who don't own one. One last thing, just to clarify my 'super rep' status i gave to this watch. You must remember that this watch cost me