When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few pics of the ol' Daytona duo

ubiquitous

This might be a bit of a moot point or maybe not.

But did you adjust the beat rate to 28.8 from 36.0 as Rolex does? I wonder how much work and trouble that would be? I'm thinking it would be a real pain to do.

How do you find the power reserve? I know on my 2846 hybrid, I get about 56 hours on a full wind. (21.6) and my 2892-A2's are around 42 hours (28.8 ) I'm guessing the high beat 36.0 would have a shorter PR.

I bet that little sweep hand is pretty smooth ticking at 10x's per second though!

Stilty,

Unlike the Rolex 4030, mine still beat at 36k/h. It's actually one of the characteristics that I love about this watch; the seconds hand is smooth and steady! Holding it up to my ear, I can hear the escapement ticking away like crazy.

As for power reserve; the white dial is in excess of 50h. The black dial is around 49h. I can let both sit in the watch box fo 2 days between wearing with no problems. Easily my two biggest powerhouses in the collection with regards to PR!