When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unbranded SUB

ck24

]Hi guys, Can you check this out its an unbranded Sub that i got from the bay. I haven't open the backcase but the seller says it has an swiss movement and comes with a Nato Strap.

Would anyone of you had any experiences with this model? Do you think this can be mod with aftermarket and Gen parts like crowns, dials, bezels, etc...

post-16375-1221669741_thumb.jpg

post-16375-1221669851_thumb.jpg

post-16375-1221669906_thumb.jpg

post-16375-1221669789_thumb.jpg

post-16375-1221670502_thumb.jpg

post-16375-1221670480_thumb.jpg

I've got the same watch, paid a little over $100 as I recall. No, it is not a Swiss movement- it's a DG2813 or some variation thereof from PTS Resources in China. Look for the WO symbol under the balance when you open it up. The seller lied, but you should also know that you can't buy a true Swiss movement for $100.

Probably can't fit a gen dial- the dial would be too small for the case. Crown and tube, yes. Don't know about the bezel insert- haven't tried. I bought it hoping it might be a stray TW Best case with lugholes- it's definitely NOT, good old CN.

But if you have it water tested and it passes, it would be a fun beater- the DG2813's are fairly reliable. Even if you don't go swimming w/ it, it's still a good looking military type sub- low key.

I've got the same watch, paid a little over $100 as I recall. No, it is not a Swiss movement- it's a DG2813 or some variation thereof from PTS Resources in China. Look for the WO symbol under the balance when you open it up. The seller lied, but you should also know that you can't buy a true Swiss movement for $100.

Probably can't fit a gen dial- the dial would be too small for the case. Crown and tube, yes. Don't know about the bezel insert- haven't tried. I bought it hoping it might be a stray TW Best case with lugholes- it's definitely NOT, good old CN.

But if you have it water tested and it passes, it would be a fun beater- the DG2813's are fairly reliable. Even if you don't go swimming w/ it, it's still a good looking military type sub- low key.

Really? So its just a fair everyday work watch on the field. Let's see how it'll last. No use modding if we cant change the dial. Well good luck on that watch too. thanks for the reply. have a nice day.