When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TomHighWay

chiefwiggum

Hi

Has anyone heard from or even seen Tomhighway?

I sent him a watch (Omega PO) via recorded delivery for a minor repair on the 5th of September 2008. He told me 10 days for the repair if he didn't have the parts. That has obviously passed now and despite asking, he hasn't yet acknowledged receipt of the watch, although I have checked the Royal Mail track and trace which confirms delivery.

I know Tom was a long standing member over on TRC, so I am not questioning his integrity or methods, but as I haven't heard from him since, despite two PM's, I just want to know that he has the matter in hand.

My 3717 is with him since late July. :(

I had an email from him 2 days ago saying that he had some kind of an accident (felt down or something) and that has hold him back from the day to day business.

He said he will sort out things soon.

... so far I maintain confidence to him.

PS: I personally wouldn't count fot the 10 days fix. More likely will be several weeks. Watch fixes take a lot of time (..... lack of spare parts , purely manual job etc...)

Communication is not his strongest point, he would be first to admit that :p

However, you will receive an email at some point, and it will say your watch is ready etc.....

You just have to be patient, sometimes really patient. Remember he is one of the few people within the EU that is reliably repairing counterfeit/fake watches, this is not, and never will be, the same as getting a genuine watch fixed (which in most cases can take a long time too!)......

His workload must be extremely high, and because of this, I have learned from experience just to send my watch to him and then move on/wait, he will reply when it is ready....

Cheers! B)

Cheers Mickey / AMK000

I did say to him before sending the watch that there was no pressure, but I had become a little concerned that I hadn't heard from him since sending it off.

I like this rep so much that I just bought the gen version of it today and can't wait to do some comparisons when I get the rep back.

BTW Mickey - I was at Stamford Bridge last night and will be there again on Sunday, so I won't bother with a subscription to Setanta (at least for this month) ;):D :D

My 3717 is with him since late July. :(

I had an email from him 2 days ago saying that he had some kind of an accident (felt down or something) and that has hold him back from the day to day business.

He said he will sort out things soon.

... so far I maintain confidence to him.

PS: I personally wouldn't count fot the 10 days fix. More likely will be several weeks. Watch fixes take a lot of time (..... lack of spare parts , purely manual job etc...)

My Breitling is his place since late July also.

But no problem, service take time and probably soon watch will be ready. :p

My watch was not broken but it has a problem with power reserve, so I decided that full service is needed.

Still no answer from TomH, I am a little bit concerned now :huh:

Last e-mail from him was 12.09 and he says that he had a fall and he was unwell. Next week my watch has to be ready but so far nothing. Hopefully he will be soon ok, I really need my watch soon

Still no answer from TomH, I am a little bit concerned now :huh:

Last e-mail from him was 12.09 and he says that he had a fall and he was unwell. Next week my watch has to be ready but so far nothing. Hopefully he will be soon ok, I really need my watch soon

I sent him about half a dozen watches to be worked on back on August 11th, have heard nothing from him since September 1, when my IWC was supposed to be 'on the bench being worked on right now'. Have been sending regular emails but no reply at all.

Maybe he is in hospital or something... :mellow:

I don`t want to bother him every week, but I really like to know when watch will be ready.

If no answer to e-mails, then that is not good...

I will sent another e-mail him probably end of this week.

Someone have his tel number?

Hi,

I sent 3 watches to TomH weeks ago and there is no way to contact him. I have sent a few Pm and mails but no asnwer.

Regards

Maybe he is in hospital or something... :mellow:

I don`t want to bother him every week, but I really like to know when watch will be ready.

If no answer to e-mails, then that is not good...

I will sent another e-mail him probably end of this week.

Someone have his tel number?

I am here guys , I had to take a week off to re-couperate but I will answer all emails tommorrow with status reports. Yes my workload has been extremely high and I will provide timescales on all work in process. I havnt been around for almost 2 weeks but am up to full speed I hope as of tommorrow.

I appreciate the concerns of members here , I will be accepting new work as of early next week.

TomH

Edited by Tomhighway

@TomJ

Hi,

Good to hear that you are back! Phew... I was getting worried.

I am the one who sent you the EE6263 with a ETA 7750: I sent you a few emails to describe the issue (or non issue) of hands size between the EE6263 (old asia 7750 mov) and the swiss mov. Several experts on the forum seem to suggest that there should not be issues with the swap..

Thanks,

Andrea

• 3 weeks later...

Is TomH again "disappear"? :huh:

Did somebody got his watch back from TomH lately?

I got answer from TomH that my watch is ready for shipping back on 13.10

Payment was sent on 14.10.

Just in case I sent one more e-mail to TomH 18.10, that I`d like to know when my watch was shipped back. And again no answer from TomH so far.

From UK to my country delivery takes 4-5 days max, so watch has to be here if he shipped it after payment... but no watch so far.

I have his nr. if no answer and no watch during next week thn I will call to him probably.

Is TomH again "disappear"? :huh:

Did somebody got his watch back from TomH lately?

I got answer from TomH that my watch is ready for shipping back on 13.10

Payment was sent on 14.10.

Just in case I sent one more e-mail to TomH 18.10, that I`d like to know when my watch was shipped back. And again no answer from TomH so far.

From UK to my country delivery takes 4-5 days max, so watch has to be here if he shipped it after payment... but no watch so far.

Last heard from him 8/10. No reply to several emails since then.

I sent him four watches in early August, I have effectively written them off by now. Be nice if I got them back but I'm not holding my breath any more.

I also sent a couple of PM's to Tom back on 11th October (to which he replied to the first one) and I haven't heard from him since, I'm still waiting for him to reply!! :huh:

Edited by Gadget Man