When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Miyota 0S20 on the fritz - source a new movement?

craptacular

Hey, Before you go throwing another movement in there, have you checked the battery? Contacts clean?

These things tend to run, or not to run, so it may be the battery is getting towards the end of its useful life.

See if you can spot it stopped, and restarting, this is a more normal course of events.

Then maybe get a watchsmith with a timer to check its beat.

If finally you find that a new "heart" is the only option, check a few of the bigger dealers, Cousins, Borel, Frei, etc.

Prices of these thing vary widely, so some judicious shopping may save a bucket.

(I can guarantee that the wholesale price for a movt out of HK is well under U$20, and closer to U$10 in bulk)

And give me a yell if you can't find any more helpful info.

Offshore

Hey, Before you go throwing another movement in there, have you checked the battery? Contacts clean?

These things tend to run, or not to run, so it may be the battery is getting towards the end of its useful life.

I've thrown in a relatively fresh battery from another recent Miyota chrono purchase that has been running rock solid. I'll be sure to pick up a brand new one to test before ordering a new movement.

Then maybe get a watchsmith with a timer to check its beat.

I'm a little hesitant to do that, what with it being a rep and all. Would removing the movement and just bringing that in for checking be an acceptable move?

If finally you find that a new "heart" is the only option, check a few of the bigger dealers, Cousins, Borel, Frei, etc.

I've checked Frei, but strangely they don't seem to stock the 0S20 from a search of their site. My plan was to call them up to see if they'd order one if I couldn't find a simpler online route.

Thanks very much for the feedback - I appreciate it.