When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The "perfect" Replicas

• 10 months later...

I take the word "Perfect" or "Ultimate" all in stride. I haven't been here on the forums very long, but have learned enough from all of you that there is no such thing as a perfect rep. I have collected over a dozen reps since joining these forums, and have never expected them to be exactly like the gens. I agree that the word "Ultimate" is quite different than the word "Perfect", although some reps refer to the "Ultimate" as the closest to the gen. This is almost a way of grading reps which is a no no from what I have learned. It is simply a marketing tool that the vendors use to sell more product. I don't think there is anything wrong with it as long as everyone takes these terms not too literally. Maybe the vendors should label same model reps as A, B or C, but that would make it no different as "Beginner", "Perfect" or "Ultimate". I just use these terms to distinguish between the quality and accuracy of the reps, not taking it too seriously as a pure "1:1" to the gen. All I can say is that we are buying "reps", so I don't expect absolute perfection. If I did, I would be buying the gen. I don't believe pearl, bezel alignment, datefont, AR, lume or multiple other details will be drastically improved upon anytime soon. There will always be flaws in the reps, but that is part of the fun trying to spot them. It's only us here on the forums that become so anal when it comes to little details and accuracy. I think it would take a lot of interest out of these forums if every rep were "perfect".

How am I supposed to know it was that old? Besides, what are you? The Internet Police? Am I under arrest?

:bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

;- )

You have the right to not type anything else

Anything you do type can and will be held against you in the court of forum public opinion.....

BTW, each post has a date stamp.

This is old :D Anyway...

I totally agree and dont give an eye blink at these language differences and word 'perfect' meanings.

I know they aren't literally perfect, they are just closer then the rest.

What happens if, somehow, there were a perfect rep?

a literally perfect rep would just become another gen. Nobody in the whole wide world would sell one at normal rep price.

Edited by pubus

The way the PO has been marketed as in 1st Gen 2nd gen ect was good from out perspective we knew what we were getting, but on a selling point of view it was bad, it always seamed to me that a better one was on the way and it was the ultimate. Now when they make the ultimate plus, (The one with the correct logo) i will finally buy one.

A bit of an old thread to be sure, but I'll just throw my .2c into the mix... I agree entirely with the comment Kanerich made. To think the dealers do not have a good grasp of English is insulting. Anyone who does business in another language would either make the effort to learn it themselves to a sufficient degree, or, they would use an interperting facility. If I buy something, I expect it to be precicely as it was advertized/sold, as anything else is dishonest, and false-advertizing (which is a crime) I do not expect perfection in a replica watch, and I certainly do not crave or strive for it. I want a watch that, when I look at it, says Omega Seamaster, not Qmega Seameister. I'm not someone who wants the watches to pass for the gen item to impress others (or get one over on ADs) I just want something that will look reasonably accurate for my collection. If a watch is not described as perfect, I would not expect it to be perfect. If it is described as perfect, then I expect it to be a flawless replication (although I would appreciate that that level of replication actually means either swapping out every part, or just buying a gen watch)