When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New shoes for AP Roo have arrived!

Jawo

After 2 long awaited months, my honey gator hornback strap has finally arrived. The strap was ordered from Aaron at HKTan. I could not be happier with the quality of this strap. It completely transforms the watch into something really special. The conversion links were purchased from Oracle Straps which came with a carbon fiber strap. Anyways, here are the pics:

AP1.jpg

AP5.jpg

AP2.jpg

AP3.jpg

AP4.jpg

The hornback strap looks pretty killer! great choice! Question about the strap....is there some kind of metal/resin insert at the inside of the strap end where it attaches to the watch casing to give it an extra strength reinforcement of the strap? I am asking this because OEM straps seem to have some kind of metal piece inside the strap where it attaches to the watch casing. And what was pricing on the strap?

However, the links do not seem to fit correctly on the watch. From the pictures, it looks like the links are TOO loose with the strap and casing. There is a HUGE gap between the top of the strap and the bottom of the watch casing. Looks kind of cheap to me?????

There is a coated resin on the inside of the strap. The pins are very tight on the strap and are definately not loose. Keep in mind that the conversion links are made for the Oracle straps, so they are going to fit a little different. The HK strap is very thick and that is why you see a little bit of he link end. It still beats the $550 that AP Bands wants to charge for a kit and strap. Oracle conversion kit and carbon fiber strap costs only $95 which is a fantastic deal.

The hornback strap looks pretty killer! great choice! Question about the strap....is there some kind of metal/resin insert at the inside of the strap end where it attaches to the watch casing to give it an extra strength reinforcement of the strap? I am asking this because OEM straps seem to have some kind of metal piece inside the strap where it attaches to the watch casing. And what was pricing on the strap?

However, the links do not seem to fit correctly on the watch. From the pictures, it looks like the links are TOO loose with the strap and casing. There is a HUGE gap between the top of the strap and the bottom of the watch casing. Looks kind of cheap to me?????

There is a coated resin on the inside of the strap. The pins are very tight on the strap and are definately not loose. Keep in mind that the conversion links are made for the Oracle straps, so they are going to fit a little different. The HK strap is very thick and that is why you see a little bit of he link end. It still beats the $550 that AP Bands wants to charge for a kit and strap. Oracle conversion kit and carbon fiber strap costs only $95 which is a fantastic deal.

Of course!!! $95 is a bargain compared to the insane $550 ap bands price!!!!

Great strap and congrats