When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need a new crown for an Omega seamaster chrono

robertk

It started when I tried to slowly wind it, it would slip and now not wind at all. Took it to my trusty watchsmith who tells me that I need a new crown. Not the stem but crown only.

Anyone know where I can get one?

If you're in Canada, you can get it at HW Perrin. Bear in mind, most folks say the gen crown won't fit on the rep tube. The gen tube doesn't fit properly in the rep case...so if you need to do the deed...you will likely need both crown and tube. The tube is only about $15-20 so not a big deal...the issue is removing the old tube, or partially drilling out the old tube to mount the new one.

The Zigmeister removed the old tube, and glued in the new tube. More details can be had on my Omega SMP review pinned in the Omega area.

I know Ofrei has the part as well as indicated in mjmurphy's thread above.

Thanks guys. The cost of the tube/crown and watchmaker costs will probably equal the cost of the watch. I have a couple of 007 Omegas from a couple of years ago, one being inaccurate. I'm going to see if the crown from one of those will fit since I have two of them. That will solve the chrono problem and leave me with a problem on an inaccurate 007.

I'll let you know what happens.

Your advice is really appreciated.