When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP Co-Axial 2220.80.00

fauxlex

Got this for $88 shipped on CQOut. I was a little disappointed that OMEGA is printed on the dial instead of the raised emblem. Also, the three o'clock marker color is way off. Don't know what I can do about that without replacing the dial. The He valve is still misaligned on this case, but it doesn't bother me. The crown guards are good. Better than the stubby ones I've seen on much pricier reps. The pearl is fairly centered. The bracelet, although lacking some finish, doesn't look that bad, and the clasp is nice and secure. Too bad the case back is wrong. It's the old style monster with waves.

Sorry I couldn't take a better picture, without any AR coating, this thing is really hard to photograph. Overall, I'm happy with it. It's comfortable on the wrist and I love the new look. The local jeweler that sized it couldn't tell it was a rep. He asked me what I payed for it. I told him $20, but I doubt he took me seriously, because he was commenting afterwards about saving the links because they're worth $50 each. Anyway, here's a picture:

001kq9.jpg

Looks ok.. Close, but its not really accurate to the gen 2220.80. This is the first I've seen of a rep SMP Co-Axial... As you mentioned, the Omega words should be raised as well just like the logo and the lume marker at the 3'o clock date looks like it has a different shade of green compared to the rest of the lume markers... It can be made better I'm sure. Only time will tell, no pun intended.. Hope those rep makers out there will get it right soon coz this one does not look very convincing.. And the pearl can be improved too..

Edited by imranbecks