When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just put in an order for "slevin" and 7 days porto.

Nex_necO

Ahhhh

Just order slevin on SS and Portugese 7 Days with grey dial.

I think people are very happy with their slevin's, because I haven't seen anyone for sale in months!

How "bad" are the date wheels on the slevin? Is it a dead give away or do you swap them to get pleased with being 1 step closer to the real deal? ;)

Can't wait to get them in the mail! weee

Nex

How "bad" are the date wheels on the slevin? Is it a dead give away or do you swap them to get pleased with being 1 step closer to the real deal? ;)

Let me put it like this: I've not changed mine yet.

I have the ETA wheels in my toolbox, but I've not been compelled to do the swap yet.

I'm in the same boat as Pug. I've got the wheels in my box. The rep wheels are pretty good--not the same as OEM, but not bad. Of course, when I compare it to other watches that I've done the switch on, it shows. All in all, the Slevin is superb. It's best with the bracelet (and I ain't a bracelet kinda guy).

Cheers :)

Ditto to the masters above. They speak with experience. There are good rep datewheels...and bad ones.

Rolex ones generally suck.

The Omega SMP Chrono wasn't the greatest.

The Slevin and CD are pretty good. I haven't noticed any real difference between them that was so great as to take the time/cost to swap them out.

If you were sending the watch out for servicing and can't do it yourself...then it's a nice "add on" upgrade as the relative cost of the wheels and installation with a full movement breakdown is minimal.