When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New deep Sea or Gmt ceramic?

2manywatches

Go for the gmt2 ceramic if u liked it... reason i say this is because the new Deep Sea is quite un-wearable watch.

I have tried one in an AD and can tell you that is uncomfortable in any sense of the word ... to heavy to high ... sits unstable on wrist and will dance around like hell...

I'm sure the factories and collectors will sell allot as its a desired piece but mark my words people gonna keep them in the box and watch at them or resell them quickly ...

This was already observed as people who got gens complain on the clumsiness of the piece and lotsa them end up trading/selling it...

Kind regards Laz

...is uncomfortable in any sense of the word ... to heavy to high ... sits unstable on wrist and will dance around like hell...

This is how all my Breitlings wear, except possibly the EVO. They are top-heavy and flop around your wrist if you don't strap them down tight. I wear them less frequently than I would like because of this.

Yet they sell like hotcakes.

This is how all my Breitlings wear, except possibly the EVO. They are top-heavy and flop around your wrist if you don't strap them down tight. I wear them less frequently than I would like because of this.

Yet they sell like hotcakes.

Yep i know what u mean... i have trades my skyland avenger in a week it was just too clumsy and uncomfortable tor me that is!

Im sure some members don't mind the size, height and weight in Deep Sea case maybe not the diameter ... but height and weight is deffinetly a downside for me...

Laz

The new Rolex Deep Sea Dweller is by design meant to be one of the most durable divers watches ever made. It is top heavy because it is built to withstand 12,000 feet of water pressure. That requires both a heavy case and a great deal of personal fortitude to even consider diving to such extreme depths. The newly designed bracelet opens large enough to put the watch on your ankle, but is meant of course to fit over a dive suit.

Having worn the rep, for 3 days, a new ceramic version, I can say that it is most comfortable on my wrist, which is 8 inches.Had to even remove a link, and brush the center links. I can say that the watch is not as bulky as breitlings or Panerais, but it is also not tiny and dainty like the 40mm and smaller Rolex watches to date have felt on my arm. This watch is a solid, heavy, man's man watch, and destined to be one of the great classic Rolex watches IMHO. I could say that those who poo poo the watch are limp wristed girleymen. but I won't say that. We all have our own individual taste and thats what floats the many boats. ;)