When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

These FGD dials have me smitten!

ubiquitous

Thanks gents ...

I'm really chuffed to see them installed on watches and people like them.!!!

I'm also really pleased with the recessed indices, and that flat finish with glossy dial text....it really does have a gen like appearance and finish even though they are not 100% 1:1. "Best dials yet" is all I'd claim

I can't wait to see what Ziggy can do with his lume skills ...I have managed to lume my 002 dial ...but it's NOWHERE near his standards

I basically mixed a very loose solution with a couple of grains of "instant coffee" ground into powder.

I mixed up this solution and left it for a day or so and then basically painted the indices with a fine brush and cleaned off any mess once dried.

The black surface is extremely robust to thinners, it's basically black steel and not painted.

The end result is what I wanted ....a coffee coloured aged coloured tritium with a weak glow ..comparable to good rep lume ...but lasts for a couple of hours. Unfortunately I did manage to damage the T-SWISS-T text though so am waiting for my next batch to arrive.

I'm going to try and get these "screen printed" with lume to achieve the flat finish and aged colour with luminosity...subject to cost of course but if it's reasonable I'll go ahead.

I'll try and post some photos of my my Pre-A 009 later this weekend..before the dial is deinstalled and sent to the printers as a reference for the colour.

I assure you these will be nowhere near the price Little Hero charges or I won't go ahead.

I'm not dissing his work in any way but I'm doing it for the RWG community as much as myself making a huge profit

There's a credit crunch going on and these are still reps no matter what you pay for a dial..let's not kid ourselves.

The goal is a better rep so we can all be more happy with our collections .....the constant search for improvements will continue!!!!!

Cheers

FGD

Mine just arrived this past week. i must say i am kind of disappointed. My main gripe is with the metallic sheen of the dial itself. The font of the lettering and the idicies are the best yet, but when you turn the dial in the light, it looks like a DLC coated metal? Has anyone else noticed that?

The lovers make all this worth while, if it was about the money I'd do a little hero.....the haters ....well as Usher would say "just gotta pop your collar" and keep on walking

FGD

:victory: Awesome Project, even though I won't be doing a project and I will be sending these lovely dials to a fellow member waiting in the wings, FGD deserves a HUGE HIGH 5, I can't wait to see everyone's completed projects. And Simon, you're right, there will always be haters, but pop your collar and brush your shoulders off...we all appreciate what your amazing efforts and results. :victory:

Great Ross ...without your skills none of these would have been possible.

You are the "unsung" BIG Hero in all of this.

BTW ...I have been checking out case sets from AlphaTime on Ebay .....from what I can see it looks good and for $47 delivered maybe worth a punt ...

Best

FGD