When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1 Refugee Thread

JohnG

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com

go take a look at the message - "Down for maintenance. Trying to fix CPU exceeded errors."

Could be progress. Here's hoping...

@JohnG - thanks for finding us a new home, I've just dropped by the Looney Bin on this forum and I see it's business as usual there in an RWG1 stylee. Good to see :D

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be progress. Here's hoping...

@JohnG - thanks for finding us a new home, I've just dropped by the Looney Bin on this forum and I see it's business as usual there in an RWG1 stylee. Good to see :D

Yup!

Make yourself at home! And yes, the forum is being worked on, so it will be back up soon...

I guess Johng should grab the steering wheel after RWG reanimation.

We all can contribute some funds to keep it alive.

You're forgetting one important fact. The site belongs to Blade...... :rolleyes:

It's entirely up to the site owner what happens next...

OK, but if Blade is not interested in RWG anymore... maybe he'll let somebody else to be an owner?

He hasn't up until now, but who knows. I'm just grateful that he's doing something about getting the forum running again.

Grateful no doubt -

but it's funny how NO ONE was able to contact him...

given the history of the forum, you'd think someone would be in communication with him - bazaar

Only JB, it seems...

JB has an account over on RWI.

And if necessary we could have always asked the mods at RWI to email JB on our behalf. I will try to get contact info for any future problems. We will also see about what can be done to upgrade software/hosting plan - I am sure enough of us would be willing to put together some monies.

when we get back to RWG 1 :D i think we need to all exchange email addys so we never get lost again

Yep - that's probably a good idea.

Hopefully, although Bluehost are still going to be crap, a newer, more efficient version of Invision PB (the old version we've been using is very resource-heavy) will get us set up for some considerable time. If Blade will then co-operate and allow us to contribute (hell, even appoint a co-admin), then maybe we can keep the place going for a while without this kinda thing happening again.

let's consider the possibility that the forums will not come back at all - people change their minds all the time - no one has been in contact with either blade or JB and we're basing all this certainty on the message "Down for maintenance. Trying to fix CPU exceeded errors." - I'm hoping it'll come back to us soon though but I won't be shocked if it doesn't.

I'm kinda liking it here anyhow - it's growing on me ;)

we've 'bin' holding out pretty good so far

let's consider the possibility that the forums will not come back at all - people change their minds all the time - no one has been in contact with either blade or JB and we're basing all this certainty on the message "Down for maintenance. Trying to fix CPU exceeded errors." - I'm hoping it'll come back to us soon though but I won't be shocked if it doesn't.

I'm kinda liking it here anyhow - it's growing on me ;)

we've 'bin' holding out pretty good so far

Home is home, and I want it back.