When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2836-2 and 2824-2 compatibility

yodap

Hi guys!

I'm just going to buy a new Breitling SuperOcean Heritage, and the rep has the 2836-2 inside itself, but in the gen ticks the 2824-2...

So I'd like to swap the movt, found one by Ofrei with incabloc:

http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html (2. one,plain rotor)

Are the hand sizes the same? I don't know the 2836-2 specs...

Are there any other differences (movt diameter, height, stem etc.) what would make the swap impossible?

Thanks a lot, waiting for your answers!

Greetz.

stem alignment is different. The 2836-2 stem sits 0.40mm further back from the dial seat (back of dial). Not worth the trouble if you want my honest opinion. you would need a spacer between the dial and movement in order to line up the stem, replace the cannon pinion, hour wheel, and the date disc, as the date disc would be sitting 0.40mm below the dial and look very odd.

Thanks, and what do you think about the Asian 2824-2 copy? Is it compatible with the real ETA one? Cause the watch want to order is available with two movements: The ETA 2836-2 and the A2824-2... I really wanna put a gen 2824-2 in the watch!

So back to the question: do you know how precise these movts are replicated?

Thanks, waiting for your answer!

Greetz.

Thanks, and what do you think about the Asian 2824-2 copy? Is it compatible with the real ETA one? Cause the watch want to order is available with two movements: The ETA 2836-2 and the A2824-2... I really wanna put a gen 2824-2 in the watch!

So back to the question: do you know how precise these movts are replicated?

Thanks, waiting for your answer!

Greetz.

Most original ETA parts are interchangeble with the Asian clone. Done this before with my watch smith. IMO just give the clone a complete full service might be better. the quality of the clone is a little more rough than the real ETA but quite well actually after a full service. cheaper and a lot less trouble..

Thanks for the answer, but I decided already that I need a gen ETA inside the watch... I am wondering because I think they put the gen 2836-2 into the same case as the asian 2824-2!?

Here are some links:

http://www.joshwatch.com/0000blsf10001-sup...242-p-4659.html (asian 2824-2)

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?pro...cture_id=254719 (asian 2836-2 , I didn't find a pic with gen ETA, but they can get it)

I don't think that they produced different cases for one watch with two different movts?

What do you think?

Thanks, waiting for answer.

Edited by yodap