When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

frustrating 7750 variations

reprep

I really don't understand the mentality of movement factories who are modding the 7750 for various reps...ie seconds at six (Daytona), seconds at three (Graham), and seconds at twelve (AP ROO). They go to the (mostly) proper lengths on the seconds at three version to jewel the extra gears and make a fairly reliable modded 7750 movement. But they do so for a rep model that is relatively inexpensive and an acquired taste...the Graham Diver and Chronofighter series. Meanwhile, the AP ROO (pricey) and Daytona (somewhat less pricey), reps we have been salivating for and have higher sales potential get stuck with inferior modded movements containing fewer (or NO) jewels on the extra gear sets. These things make real nice paperweights in no time flat. Just venting, but DAMN I wish they would just do it right the first time......heck even the second time!

The sec@3 mod seems pretty good but you are right the sec@6 is a disaster and i infact have my very own daytona paper weight sitting on my work bench.. one day maybe they will make a proper sec@6 movement. I think a big problem with the A7750 is that there are MANY variations and grades of quality when it comes to the chinese 7750 clones.. we've found 7750's for as little as $5 so you know those are absolute junk. The better versions seem to be getting more reliable.. but the problem with reps is that you never really know what you are getting.