When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1: JohnG House thread

JohnG

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKE!!!!!!!!!!

OKE, finally I got my two fantasy watches from SZ. One is very rare Omega Globemaster, very elegant and thin watch, another is completely fantasy of chinese watchmen - Glashutte 1/SA (have no idea, what's that), but it's interesting watch- it has 2 seconds hands, first run from 1 to 30 seconds, then flyback, and another hand start to count from 30 to 60. Beautiful carbon fiber dial. Well... both were bought for $60, so, I like the deal.

A-1.jpg02-2.jpg

D-1.jpg

C-1.jpg

05-3.jpg

06-1.jpg

The Omega looks pretty darned good for $60. Not entirely accurate, true, but it certainly captures the style of the gen - has a real 'vintage' feel about it. Nice going!

Wish I could say the same for the Glashutte... not one of your better finds IMO...

Interesting posting on eBay:

Patek Philippe Platinum Sky Moon Celestial Tourbillon. ref# 5002P

Repeater (Hour, Quarter Hour, and Minute) Perpetual Calendar,

Most complicate watch ever produced by Patek.

Brand New! Extremely Rare!

Starting bid: US $1,690,000.00 WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought mine RG for $45...

5002.jpg

5003.jpg

5004.jpg

5005.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Patek-Philippe-Celesti...id=p3286.c0.m14

The Omega looks pretty darned good for $60. Not entirely accurate, true, but it certainly captures the style of the gen - has a real 'vintage' feel about it. Nice going!

Wish I could say the same for the Glashutte... not one of your better finds IMO...

Greg, I paid 400 yuan (it's about $60) for BOTH watches...I bet you'd do the same, even with fancy Glashutte, wouldn't you?

:D:D:D

Greg, I paid 400 yuan (it's about $60) for BOTH watches...I bet you'd do the same, even with fancy Glashutte, wouldn't you?

:D:D:D

hmm - no, but I'd have happily paid $30 for the Omega ;)