When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luminor Bezel and Crystal removal

StormTooper4

Good RWG Folks

I feel like a right Noob now, I've serached but cannot find anything that shows basic 44mm bezel and crystal removal.

Can you answer a few Q's

1. Do you need to remove the bezel to get crystal off

2. Is there some sort of gasket ring

3. How do you remove the bezel? (It does not seem like a Rolex Screw driver and Push job)

4. What Size is the Crystal 35.2 or 35.4, Ive looked at Cousins and really want an Acrylic dome but what size should fit.

5. Does any one have any pictures of the Bezel removed please.

Cheers and any help would be really appreciated

ST4

Good RWG Folks

I feel like a right Noob now, I've serached but cannot find anything that shows basic 44mm bezel and crystal removal.

Can you answer a few Q's

1. Do you need to remove the bezel to get crystal off

2. Is there some sort of gasket ring

3. How do you remove the bezel? (It does not seem like a Rolex Screw driver and Push job)

4. What Size is the Crystal 35.2 or 35.4, Ive looked at Cousins and really want an Acrylic dome but what size should fit.

5. Does any one have any pictures of the Bezel removed please.

Cheers and any help would be really appreciated

ST4

Hope this helps

Usually no.

Yes

If you're careful (and lucky), a razor blade followed by a case knife, just like removing a dive watch bezel.

Often it's safer and avoids risks of scratching the case to press the bezel off from inside the case, but you need a case die large enough to clear the bezel and this isn't one of the standard sizes that come with a case/crystal press.

The crystal size can occasionaly vary between cases and the gasket used. I've seen everything from 35.0 with a no step gasket thru to 35.5 glued in with no gasket. To be sure you need to measure what you have. If you're changing to acrylic don't forget to buy it one size larger to allow it to be compressed by the claw when fitting.

Here's a typical auto case components

post-6335-1223201049_thumb.jpg