When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crystal Removal from a SFSO

triplehd

Ok - I have mastered removing the caseback from my SFSO (rubber gloves did the trick :))

Now, how do I remove the crystal? Do I need to remove the bezel ? Unlike my Omegas, I can simply push the crystal through. Seems that the tabs at 3, 6 ,9 and 12 are somewhat preventing me from popping the crystal out.

Am I doing something wrong?

I think the tabs are definitely in the way looking at mine next to me. Just curious why you need the crystal out? This was supposed to be a '300m after resistant rep' and many claim it passed the test, so it's probably a chore to get the thing apart. If you do end up getting the crystal out, make sure not to just press it back in, but use a little crystal cement to give it some WR back. Also, take photos of the crystal please! It's supposed to be 5mm thick, and I haven't seen any photos of it, so I am curious to see if it lives up to that claim :)

Good luck!

The bezel does have to removed, and it's not easy to do. The bezels are tight on both Asian and Swiss versions. I've actually nearly trashed a bezel trying to remove it with conventional tools (blade & knife)...and I ultimately failed. I won't try again without the $350 Bergeon bezel removing tool.

I have the asian model SFSO and would like to replace it with a sapphire crystal and get it double A/R by Cheif. I could try to have Chief double A/R my mineral crystal....but might not get the same results as I would if I had the sapphire crystal.

I have the asian model SFSO and would like to replace it with a sapphire crystal and get it double A/R by Cheif. I could try to have Chief double A/R my mineral crystal....but might not get the same results as I would if I had the sapphire crystal.

I have had double AR applied to mineral crystal and the results are very good, but not as good as saphire.