When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to tell a fake Armani watch?

voguette

Thanks for the quick response. And that's exactly why I went ahead with the purchase. I honestly had no concerns about authenticity...until the watch arrived. It's condition is nothing like the one I viewed in person in Selfridges. How could the quality possibly be so bad? I know it's a low end watch with a designer name plastered on it, but surely the quality control can't be that low? Very strange.

I can assure you that is a genuine watch

1st, it's rare that cheap watches are replicated

It's true...but scary if you watch the documentary on replicas that was available via Rapidshare (search for it on the forum)...and you will see they have replica eggs???????????

Do not underestimate what they will replicate to save a few cents (mind you...sell a few hundred thousand and you are talking bigger money).

It's true...but scary if you watch the documentary on replicas that was available via Rapidshare (search for it on the forum)...and you will see they have replica eggs???????????

The eggs were allegedly a hoax.

In fact, it's much easier to believe they are a hoax than believe they're real.

I'm sorry to tell you, but they do make a rep of this watch, and a fairly good one, too -

That doesn't mean yours is a rep, but the chances are good if you got a cheap price -

http://www.watchesprice.net/Emporio-Armani...07-AA-7744.html

The watch in that picture is 100% genuine. This website has pictures of authentic watches and is selling them as supposed "super reps"...

Most watches don't look the same in the store and at home... they have complex lighting systems for which they pay thousands of dollars to make them shine and luster. If you have any concerns I suggest visiting the dealer and comparing them side by side - I think you will see it is genuine. At least I think so, anyway.

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for!

they make fake Armani watches? Why? :huh:

Because in some markets they are targeted like a "luxury" watches. Here in Brazil is one. They sell 200-300 USD watches at 700-900 USD because its an "armani" watches. Add to this the fact 90% of normal people maybe think the armani watches are better than an omega or similar brand...

Nautica watches are another example: a 150USD chrono is being sold here at 560 USD... good deal to some jewelery

Edited by strattakan

it's real...

think about an eBay seller doing about 10,000 transactions with 100% positive feedback and out of the many (far from most mind you) watch connesuiers out there, no one is calling this dealer out for selling fakes -

that coupled with the fact that Armani watches generally sell for $100-300 retail to begin with. I would take the ridiculously, uber small risk - I'm sure you already have

The watch in that picture is 100% genuine. This website has pictures of authentic watches and is selling them as supposed "super reps"...

Your point is moot - whether the watch shown in the ad is genuine or not - the point is that someone does, in fact, offer a rep of the watch in question.

The only way one could be sure of what is shipped, if anything, is to order one.

I'll pass on that test - you're welcome to try if you like.

Because in some markets they are targeted like a "luxury" watches. Here in Brazil is one. They sell 200-300 USD watches at 700-900 USD because its an "armani" watches. Add to this the fact 90% of normal people maybe think the armani watches are better than an omega or similar brand...

Nautica watches are another example: a 150USD chrono is being sold here at 560 USD... good deal to some jewelery

That is sad. But then again it happens here. We pay all kinds of moneu for Mercedes and BMW and they are Taxi cabs in europe. :p