When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 from Eurotimez

alw

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, but the owner is probably a total [censored]!

:lol:

:D

Back in the days when I sold high-end audio gear, several of my customers drove Ferraris. Not ONE of them knew how to drive the bloody thing properly, though. One I particularly remember wiped out his 348, went out and bought a Porsche 911 to replace it and a week later wiped that out too...

More money than talent.... :rolleyes:

audio gear? car audio? another past hobby of mine - didn't last terribly long but I did end up with a Rockford fosgate egg and an Alpine v12 powering 2x800watt dual coil Audiobhan 12's (chrome baskets) inverted and bridged to 1ohm in a sealed box on top of another 2x800watt Rockford fosgate Punch 12's in a bandpass - 1farad cap, crossover, etc. etc. -

I was aiming for a 15" Brahma sub with JBL 1200.1 - but I got old too quick I guess :(

some Adire goodness

Ugh. Hell yes...

12" woofers... tube amp with switchable power push/pull output, eight EL34 in A mode... and, ofcourse, vinil Abbey Road on direct drive turntable with elliptical diamond needle... nirvana!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What girl will resist?

not quite...

No 12" woofers, inefficient and too hard to control properly due to breakup modes. Panels or high efficiency horns (105db/w not uncommon). Multiple-driver line sources also a possibility. Probably two KT88s (single-ended triode - way better than push/pull configurations - single-ended FETs a possibility here too). Turntable certainly NOT direct drive (silk thread drive - 3 motors are about optimum). Parabolic diamond on Audio Note or (maybe) heavily customised Decca positive-scanning cartridge. Music likely to be classical or jazz for 90% of serious customers (aka 'audio psychos'). Girls not the aim here...

I can now confirm that the [censored]ing watch is broke.

Ack! Sorry to hear that! Hope you can get it sorted without too much hassle...

If anyone remembers what this thread was all about.

You mean it was about watches? Wow.... that doesn't happen often... :p

not quite...

No 12" woofers, inefficient and too hard to control properly due to breakup modes. Panels or high efficiency horns (105db/w not uncommon). Multiple-driver line sources also a possibility. Probably two KT88s (single-ended triode - way better than push/pull configurations - single-ended FETs a possibility here too). Turntable certainly NOT direct drive (silk thread drive - 3 motors are about optimum). Parabolic diamond on Audio Note or (maybe) heavily customised Decca positive-scanning cartridge. Music likely to be classical or jazz for 90% of serious customers (aka 'audio psychos'). Girls not the aim here...

Greg, I talked about my youth... 80's.

And... Jazz in my #1 music, played it for many years.

Girls are always the aim. Period. At least it was... in my youth... 80's.

LOL