When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 5218-201A Logo

rolli

yes, it's very simple.

i've bought a package cylindric-slit-head m2 ( 2,0mm diameter thread ) stainless steel screws with a thread length of 4,0mm.

my watchmaker reworked them as needed to a round-head screw with the necessary new measurements.

new thread length = 3,6mm ( the case crown-guard screw hole is deep 4,0mm ), the rep screw has 3,0mm thread length.

new round-head = 2,8mm diameter and 1,3mm height.

the slit have to be reworked deeper.

very easy to do this.

rolli

Very resourceful! Thanks for the tip - sounds like a job that a skilled hobbyist could do, I might have to give it a go!

Does anybody with a technical mind know exactly what screws are required? I've been having a look at off-the-shelf options, and a 2-56 UNF Fillister screw should do the job - but they come in imperial dimensions, so 3/16" is the closest (4.8mm, which can be cut / filed down). The only problem is specifying the correct head diameter - I think the closest off-the-shelf option is .124" (3.1mm). Has anybody got any ideas, as it should be possible to order 100's for $50 if it is possible to get the specification correct. Sorry to stray off-topic, Rolli ;)

new thread length = 3,6mm ( the case crown-guard screw hole is deep 4,0mm ), the rep screw has 3,0mm thread length.

new round-head = 2,8mm diameter and 1,3mm height.

the slit have to be reworked deeper.

the v-crown-guard screw-holes are a bit smaller in the diameter,

thats why my screws have a head-diameter of 2,8 mm.

rolli

Does anybody with a technical mind know exactly what screws are required? I've been having a look at off-the-shelf options, and a 2-56 UNF Fillister screw should do the job - but they come in imperial dimensions, so 3/16" is the closest (4.8mm, which can be cut / filed down). The only problem is specifying the correct head diameter - I think the closest off-the-shelf option is .124" (3.1mm). Has anybody got any ideas, as it should be possible to order 100's for $50 if it is possible to get the specification correct. Sorry to stray off-topic, Rolli ;)