When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Im the new noob : )

noob

Hello all, I'm interested in a noobmariner. I just want to make sure I'm not gonna get scammed. So I decided to sign up here to see if u guys can clue me in. Can any of u recommend a trust worthy dealer? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance : D

Hello noob. Dont be a boob, read the wealth of info and you will be an informed noob, not a boob.

Chick the "links" at the top...and look for Collector or Dealer websites...can't remember which. Each dealer listed for the most part has a good reputation. Every dealer has their issues...maybe it's price...maybe it's quality of English...maybe it's delays in communication...etc...so read the reviews of each dealer and decide who you feel comfortable with.

Is the heralded noobmariner still available? And if so, do I get that from trust time? Thanks for the info. I found the links, man this is addictive.

I've been reading for hours but now im finally making some progress. Thanks again.

Edited by noob

• 4 months later...

Hi all, also a noob to this have bought many a watch and so far have been extremely lucky, stumbled across Josh and Andrew by avid searching and then lost complete touch as domain names changed so frequently. fortunately have found Josh again at jpc8118.com, just out of curiosity has anyone dealt with bigbigwatch? as they offer the same products, free shipping with more than two items and if the items get stuck at customs apparently will ship again until received. Want to purchase two of the Swiss Eta sea-dwellers but don't want to loose any money through customs or being ripped off. What's your advice?

Welcome Nicco. I would stick with the dealers on RWG. They will also go that extra mile for RWG members. If you are tempted to go somewere else be careful. Andrew and Joshua are known and for the most part well respected in this community. That says a lot right there. We rep folks dont put up with any BS ;) Take your time,get to know the place. Good Luck :) Mike

Hi all, also a noob to this have bought many a watch and so far have been extremely lucky, stumbled across Josh and Andrew by avid searching and then lost complete touch as domain names changed so frequently. fortunately have found Josh again at jpc8118.com, just out of curiosity has anyone dealt with bigbigwatch? as they offer the same products, free shipping with more than two items and if the items get stuck at customs apparently will ship again until received. Want to purchase two of the Swiss Eta sea-dwellers but don't want to loose any money through customs or being ripped off. What's your advice?

You are not going to be scammed buying for the recommended dealers of this forum. They all provide high customer service

concernign big watches , it depends on what you ocnsider big. My uncle (an owner of gen rlxs since the 70s) saw my 44mm PAM on my hand the day before yesterday and he was "shocked" by its size. Imagine me wearing a UBOAT or a 48-50 mm watch.

as they offer the same products, free shipping with more than two items and if the items get stuck at customs apparently will ship again until received. Want to purchase two of the Swiss Eta sea-dwellers but don't want to loose any money through customs or being ripped off. What's your advice?

Do your search here for collectors/dealers and member experiences with them. If you don't find the site you're interested in used by members here...use your judgement...but don't be surprised if you get ripped off. We have recommended dealers here for a reason...namely because the forum is aimed at protecting people from getting scammed either by over-pricing, overt mis-representation, or payment with no product.

In the grand scheme of thigns...saving $30 on a watch should not be a big deal for free shipping. Go for peace of mind and buy from a well reviewed dealer with a known history and known issues.

All dealers here will reship if the item is stuck in customs.

As to a real Swiss ETA movement...read reviews here...and you'll find there are copies of Swiss movements out there. For the most part, the dealers themselves don't know the difference between the gen and copy movements...and there's debate on the forum over what people receive. These are the joys of the counterfeit underground market.

So...if you pay for Swiss...assume it might not actually be a gen Swiss but an Asian copy of the Swiss movement...and be delighted if it turns out to be otherwise. Chris at Eurotimez supposedly checks to ensure you're actually getting a real Swiss movement.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome Nicco. I would stick with the dealers on RWG. They will also go that extra mile for RWG members. If you are tempted to go somewere else be careful. Andrew and Joshua are known and for the most part well respected in this community. That says a lot right there. We rep folks dont put up with any BS ;) Take your time,get to know the place. Good Luck :) Mike

Thanks for the advice!

You are not going to be scammed buying for the recommended dealers of this forum. They all provide high customer service

concernign big watches , it depends on what you ocnsider big. My uncle (an owner of gen rlxs since the 70s) saw my 44mm PAM on my hand the day before yesterday and he was "shocked" by its size. Imagine me wearing a UBOAT or a 48-50 mm watch.

Taken on board.

Taken on board.

Do your search here for collectors/dealers and member experiences with them. If you don't find the site you're interested in used by members here...use your judgement...but don't be surprised if you get ripped off. We have recommended dealers here for a reason...namely because the forum is aimed at protecting people from getting scammed either by over-pricing, overt mis-representation, or payment with no product.

In the grand scheme of thigns...saving $30 on a watch should not be a big deal for free shipping. Go for peace of mind and buy from a well reviewed dealer with a known history and known issues.

All dealers here will reship if the item is stuck in customs.

As to a real Swiss ETA movement...read reviews here...and you'll find there are copies of Swiss movements out there. For the most part, the dealers themselves don't know the difference between the gen and copy movements...and there's debate on the forum over what people receive. These are the joys of the counterfeit underground market.

So...if you pay for Swiss...assume it might not actually be a gen Swiss but an Asian copy of the Swiss movement...and be delighted if it turns out to be otherwise. Chris at Eurotimez supposedly checks to ensure you're actually getting a real Swiss movement.

Welcome aboard.

Okay, so would that mean both the asian 25 and the so called swiss both run at 28800?