When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG1: I am bored!RWG1:

JohnG

So I downloaded the movie Mongol but I just finished the first half and discovered I forgot to download the subtitle track for the second part!!!! I have it own dowload on emule now but am way back in the que...

So someone post something - either here or in the other threads.

I am bored.

Also, if you've ever worked retail - or possibly even if you haven't - you might find this an entertaining (if rather long for the web) read.

http://www.actsofgord.com/

Bored as well. But bored with watches more than anything, methinks...

Say it ain't so!

Mind you, we at RWG1 don't get bored with watches - largely because we don't spend much time talking about them ;)

Bored as well. But bored with watches more than anything, methinks...

That's the great thing about RWG1 - we only spend about 7% of our posts on watches - the rest is on everything and anything else. We pace ourselves - to avoid getting "premature rep burn." I want this hobby to last a while.

So for every post about watches, we try to have

2 political posts

6 superficial psuedo-philosophy posts

3 flame posts

5 beer drinking smiley posts

2 gun control posts

5 "kick the spammer" posts

4 direct the new guy to the recommended dealers list posts

6 argue half-heartedly over who should be on recommended dealers list posts

7 bodily-function discussion posts

7 women-related posts

4 jumping smiley posts

3 rolling-eyes smiley posts

8 complaining about cpu error posts

That way, we don't get tired of talking about watches. I have well over 2,000 posts at RWG1 and I only have two decent reps. I had 500 before I bought my first. And of all those posts, 19 are actually about watches.

That's the great thing about RWG1 - we only spend about 7% of our posts on watches - the rest is on everything and anything else. We pace ourselves - to avoid getting "premature rep burn." I want this hobby to last a while.

Absolutely, I've bought a lot more watches than you have, but am slowing down now - in part for that reason. RWG1 isn't really about the watch addiction for me either... it started that way, but quickly became about the friends I've made there...

Damn, I can't wait for our 'home' to come back online. This board is a fantastic resource, but it ain't home...

Subtitle just finished downloading!

Later!!!!

:lol:

:lol:

So how am I gonna avoid being bored now...... sheesh. The wife's watching 'Millennium', which I can't stand....

Oh well - maybe I'll go buy a watch. Been about a month since my last one.... Nite! :)

Finished movie - off to bed, gotta drive 1000 km tomorrow! off to Marbella in the morning. Arrr.

Sorry Greg to leave you alone - and let the other guys know tomorrow that I will be incommunicado probably till Saturday.

Later.

Finished movie - off to bed, gotta drive 1000 km tomorrow! off to Marbella in the morning. Arrr.

Sorry Greg to leave you alone - and let the other guys know tomorrow that I will be incommunicado probably till Saturday.

Later.

hehe - s'okay. I bought a watch from Tony instead. :p

Have a good day :)