When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 hands

polexpete

Hi Freddy,

Since starting this project i've been reading at lot (mostly yours) posts on building a 6263 and seem to remember you saying that Phong's hands were not so good quality and still needed broaching. Is this still true or have they improved?

Cheers

P.

I have only used 2 sets of Phong's Daytona hands. 1 set needed broaching (as have some of DW's), but all 3 of the small chrono hands separated from their tubes & had to be epoxied back together (easy job, but an additional step that I could have done without). The 2nd set was fine.

I think alot of it is luck of the draw.

My biggest problem with Phong (aside from his generally outrageous prices) is his lack of after sales service. When I complained to him about the defective chrono hands (as well as an incorrectly painted chrono seconds hand), his response was 'You can fix it yourself. It is easy'. Again, not a big deal, but DW would never drop the ball like that.

Hey Freddy,

yeah that's what put me off going to him for the hands although i dealt with him once before and it was fine, very speedy in fact. Actually looks like dluddy has come to my rescue

so you may see this competed sooner than i thought.

As always thanks for your help we all can rely on you for Daytona issues...

Cheers

P.