When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

no longer a virgin

tictoc65

Well I did it, i finally ordered my first rep. I was looking at the SA but after Reading Toad's review of the Skyland V1/V3 and checking the price ,i had to go that direction. I ordered it from Peter today, and i already can't wait for it to arrive

Black Dial

SS bracelet

$210 +sh

Im already thinking about new straps...

Does RWG have a support forum addiction...

tictoc65

Well I did it, i finally ordered my first rep. I was looking at the SA but after Reading Toad's review of the Skyland V1/V3 and checking the price ,i had to go that direction. I ordered it from Peter today, and i already can't wait for it to arrive

Black Dial

SS bracelet

$210 +sh

Im already thinking about new straps...

Does RWG have a support forum addiction...

Hah...sucker...there is no cure except increasing your credit limit. I look forward to the pics. Give it a week or so from the time you get your tracking number which might be around late Sunday. I just ordered a rep brown croc on deployment from Angus. Hah hah...fun fun. I was going to order a Tabacco brown from Bob's but given the price with deployment from Angus is so cheap ($55 with shipping vs. Bob's ~$35 incl shipping but NO deployment)...I thought I would go that route.

Screw the clasp...deployment all the way.

definitely deployment,

I looked at the straps from Angus and they look really good int the pics (thick and nicely padded),

however, I'm a little concerned about the several bad reviews he has recieved lately.

I'm new here and don't really know anyones reptation other that what I've read in the posts in my short time.

I dont want to unfairly judge a dealer based on a few posts, but i dont want to waste time or money either

so far it seems everyone here has been fair and honest in their posts, even the negative posts are even-handed,

addressing service or quality issues, rather that lashing out at individuals character or motives.

i am finding this board, and its members refreshing and impressive.

thanks everyone

tictoc65

It is a long slippery slope until you are living in a cardboard box but with a great watch!

You make cardboard boxes sound like a bad thing. They can be quite cozy...and they can be composted. I call mine green living. ;)

@Tictoc - yup...read the reviews and you will start to see a theme with the dealers. Each has their pros, and each their cons...so few are "perfect". The cons on the more "perfect" ones might just be price, but for some, that's enough to be a deal breaker...so you have to figure out what you're willing to put up with.

I've dealt with about 6 dealers, each with multiple transactions and have a personal view of what works for me and what doesn't, and I haven't had a really bad experience with anybody yet. I've had to send watches back of course, and have had bad QC that I've put up with with others...but hey, that's how we roll.

You shouldn't take any one users experience here as definitive...but should look for overall themes of service to get a more accurate view of things.

Have fun..that's the key...and don't take this too seriously.