When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7733 movement

Graman

Hey there guys....Here's an interesting question (well for me anyway)

I've got a NOStock case and dial for a 7733.

Have no chance of being able to afford a 7733 any time soon....pity...would love a few hundred bucks to burn, but the AUD hit 66c US cents last night, and I'm not enjoying stretching to pay the bills.....you guys are probably in a similar situation....

Anyhoo....does anyone know if there's a quartz chrono with subdials at 3 & 9 that would fit this?

Most likely a naieve question, but short of asking if anyone has a cheap 7733, it's my best bet.

Cheers,

G.

things got slow in the housing market - everyone is waiting to see what happens - if things stabilize - I should be rocking when it turns into a buyers market - already has - and i specialize strictly with buyers - so I continue to burn my reserves until then.

our Canadian dollar fell from as high recently as $1.15 US and now hovering around $0.85

and we are in the middle of an election in the next few days - much uncertainty

I am just ready to order a watch too - the best SA I can find is what I was thinking... but to be honest, I'm kinda sitting on the fence now - I suppose it's not a huge difference but our dollar was about the same as the US recently so I figure I'm losing about $15 per $100 on a $400 watch.... about $60 - I guess it won't break the bank and things may get even worse - maybe I'll bite now then.

as for the 7733 - otto has it for sale for $340 - not a cheapo that's for sure

I see the Breitling chronomatic has a Lemania Hand wind with dials at 9 and 3 - not sure on spacing

maybe if you get precise measurements from center to sub dial, etc. - I can ask my local movement wholesaler if he has a quartz equivalent - there MUST be one - google not finding anything - I'll keep looking

Hey thanks alpha....really appreciated...

It's a 16 mm gap b/w 9 & 3.

I'm tempted to do the brietling thing, but I know I'd end up wearing the watch......

My NOS watch and case are a 60's Sandoz....nothing to write home about, but a great project when the parts come along...

Just not worth $400 when I can buy a rep..

can't seem to find a movement by catalog, I'll ask him in person next time I go there so i can measure them in person - was there today to buy a good press (with aluminum dies), cap cod cloth and other tools -

some pics of the NOS parts couldn't hurt - I'm thinking about the movement holder -probably a plastic one would be best? so you can dremel it down to fit? the quartz movements will be thin anyhow so should be no prob with thickness

I have next to no expertise but I'm willing to help and learn as I do so :)

can't seem to find a movement by catalog, I'll ask him in person next time I go there so i can measure them in person - was there today to buy a good press (with aluminum dies), cap cod cloth and other tools -

some pics of the NOS parts couldn't hurt - I'm thinking about the movement holder -probably a plastic one would be best? so you can dremel it down to fit? the quartz movements will be thin anyhow so should be no prob with thickness

I have next to no expertise but I'm willing to help and learn as I do so :)

Alph, you're a legend mate...thanks...

I'll take some pics this arvo after the birthday party run.......pleasures of a 6 year old...

Sugar, hype and a complete disregard for convention........

Sounds like me after my second bottle of red.....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it's taken some time, but here we go....

Would love to do the 7733 experience, but I don't have money for a rep, let alone $300 usd for a movement.

Hence, fishing for a quartz to fit.

sandozassembly.jpg

Dial is 31mm in diameter

2 mm centre hole

16mm b/w subdial holes

Lugs on dial are at 1:30 & 7:30

sandozdial.jpg

sandozcase.jpg

Sandozback.jpg

I reckon it would look sweet with square cut hands & white subdial hands & sweep second.

Opinions anyone?

Cheers,

G.