When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DG 2813 vs 4813 sweep video?

stemil

I don't have a video my friend and this only relates to the 2813 28800 movement in the explorer 1 from Josh as far as i'm aware, but to me it beats the same as my gen eta 2836's and 2824's, sorry I couldn't be any more helpful.

2813 on the left(euro) 48 on the right(noob). i had to try and compare the two quickly to keep the file size small so hopefully it'll illustrate what you're trying to distinguish.

http://rapidshare.com/files/154992823/vid.avi.html

ignore the condition of my euromariner as its undergoing renovations :p

im swapping out the 2813 for an eta 2836, new insert pearl etc etc.

as you can see the 2813 is more stepped in its tracking around the dial, the 48 is noticably smoother *almost* fluid..at least to me.. but i mean really whats there to think about? the 4813 costs like $10 more than a 2813. just get it. or get the eta and have a watch that'll last at least 15 years or longer and instant date change at 12 midnight. i picked up the eta for $90 delivered. but now i have to get the hands ($21) and swap over the date wheel from the 2813 (free)

Is this a clone or swiss? Where can one purchase? :D

its NOT a clone OR swiss, i believe it to be an ETA from their far east factory, still gen using their equipment and QC.

thread w/pics: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...amp;hl=real+eta

i bought it from "bandmaniac007" on ebay. 100% feedback sells at least one of these movements a week with no complaints about the authenticity. you be the judge. but a Clone will still cost you 75-80$ nickle etas are going for over $100 -$150, so i took a chance and it runs well.

Hey highoeyazmuhudee, thanks for the video, I was also wondering about these different movements. In my case the 2813 makes an audible whirr when I move my hand too quickly, does the same happen with the 4813? Or the ETAs for that matter... Perhaps it's a lack of lubricant?

Either way, thanks for the video :)

(And as my first post here, hello everyone, great forum you have here. Hope I can contribute at some point, but for now I learn :D )