When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7835 Bracelet

pcfreeman2

So I just bought a 7835 bracelet with 357 end links for my first daytona project. The project is coming together nicely thanks to all the help on this forum, and I look forward to posting the pictures and giving proper credit.

Well anyway, the bracelet it is gross. <_< There is gunk in between the links. My plan was to give it a good once over with rubber gloves and q-tips. Followed by a a cycle in the ultrasonic jewelry cleaner.

5c41_3.jpg

I occurred to me that asking for advice from all of you would probably be a good idea. What is the best way to get the gunk out from between my links?

You got it pretty much correct. Give it a good, initial scrub with an anti-bacterial dish soap & then 2 or 3 cycles in the ultrasonic (add 1 tablespoon of ammonia & a couple drops of the dish soap & fill the ultrasonic tank about 1/2 full with hot (not boiling) water). It will come out squeaky clean. Once clean, you can inspect it more closely to see if it needs any rebrushing of its brushed surfaces (followed by another round in the ultrasonic to remove the small metal particles that work their way into & between the links during rebrushing).

The 7835 is the perfect compliment to any vintage Rolex Daytona.