When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone identify these old reps?

Gadget Man

These are some old reps and I wondered if anyone could identify which ones they are, who made them, what the movements are and if they are any good?

I would appreciate your comments guys.

First up is a TT YachtMaster that is was bought about 4 years ago. It has a serial number Y863698 and a crappy looking movement.

100_0717.jpg

PICT0048.jpg

100_0865.jpg

Second watch up we have a Blue TT Sub serial number R863698 (which doesn't make sense as this would date it as a 1987/1988)

100_0762.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

100_0750.jpg

And finally we have an old Daytona that was bought in 2002, this has seconds at 9 but a post 2000 dial :huh: it has the serial is K288343

100_0774.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

100_0786.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Gadget Man

Not really much help, but if that Daytona (looks like an early revision Daytona, secs@9, slow beat A7750) is still working, it may be worth sourcing a more accurate dial. Also how thick is the case? Because the thinner case Daytona model is a desired rep, as the case is no longer available, and yours may well be such a case......

EDIT: Secs@9 or 6? Also the 9 subdial has 60/20/40, indicating running seconds, which is correct for pre-2000. The only real issue is that the hour markers should be much thinner for pre-2000....

Cheers! B)

The Daytona is still working perfectly and was a daily wearer for about a year but it has the seconds at 9 not 6. I have been swimming several times in this watch too.

I have source a brand new dial and new asian 7750 movement and I was intending to fit them soon. The case measures about 12mm in thickness although I just used a ruller so it could be out on that lol

Edited by Gadget Man

The YM and the TT sub have the same serials w/ different prefaces- Y and R. The movement in the YM is from PTS Resources- referred to as the DG2813- it's the best of the CN movements. The Tt has an ETA. Both cases are CN. The Daytona is the older seconds at 9 as you say- these are becoming classics- well worth keeping- servicing the asian 7750 movt is well worth it- it will make it a reliable daily beater- but it's been that for you already. Nice classics!

Well unless you can find a dial with the stick thin hour markers, I would not really worry about it....

rolexssdaytonazenithhl9.jpg

If the case is thinner than all the current versions available now, somebody might pay a good price for it, if they were starting a franken project Daytona or something....

I would leave as is otherwise, because I doubt a thin hour marker dial is findable, and with the subdial spacing flaw, it is a moot point anyway....

Cheers! B)

When I bought the Daytona, I did buy it as being fitted with a gen Valjoux 7750 movement and it was suppossed to have the seconds at 6, but it came with seconds at 9 ........but I didn't risk sending it back and never opened up the back (I didn't know back then what I know now, thanks to this and others).

Edited by Gadget Man