When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is easy someone to use Dremel ?

johnaphro

Dear all,

Just wondered that if dremel is easy for use to polish brushed reps steel,i am very anxious with the shine of steel ,especially rollies,i tried scotch brite following previous instructions and destroyed the band :bangin: ,cape cod(this works only for polish steel) so i think that the dremel must be the best method but is easy to use as the watchsmith?

Last week i bought the wm9 franken sub from w.genzo that was polished from his watchsmith and impressed,besides my gen 16610 z serie the shine of steel was 95% the same.

creed

I have tried with the bergeon,little scrathes gone but shine of brushed steel disappeared, for me bergeon result is zero.

I tried the brushed pad that bought from ebay result the same,i followed both instructions but nothing,,

So then i tried with cape cod to give little shine but the result is not like the dremel job so thats why i asked which dremel model and which rouge is suitable for brushed steel and if is easy to use .

I switched from the green scotch bright pad to a fine grit gray pad. makes a world of difference. i follow up with a stainless cleaner cloth and finish with hand polishing with a claybased plastic polish. it is super fine and just brightens the fine brushing of the fine grit gray pad.

but as as said one direction and tape off polished areas.

I like to put the pad on a surface and draw the bracelet across the pad. makes sure it goes straight.

good luck

I switched from the green scotch bright pad to a fine grit gray pad. makes a world of difference. i follow up with a stainless cleaner cloth and finish with hand polishing with a claybased plastic polish. it is super fine and just brightens the fine brushing of the fine grit gray pad.

after that its an ultrasonic cleaning, a mineral oil bath, a soak in boiling car wax, 30 minutes in the oven, let it cool, then a soft toothbrush and microfiber cloth polishing. then its as good as gen.

but as as said one direction and tape off polished areas.

I like to put the pad on a surface and draw the bracelet across the pad. makes sure it goes straight.

good luck

Very nice work. You have inspired me to take on a Rolex all stainless oyster bracelet that is fully brushed. It is on a Datejust and I think that oyster bracelets on Datejusts look best with polished center links.

For polished steel, a Dremel with green rouge can produce a professional result. But, for brushed steel, I would recommend a Bergeon 5444 Satin finish pad.

clasp-outside.jpg

clasp-inside.jpg

555endlinks-top.jpg

(The polished center portion of the end link was polished with a Dremel & green rouge - the brushed sections on either side were masked with tape)