When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new milgauss on kingwatches dot net

tenacious_b

ROLEX-476-3.jpg

King

Dimensions appear to be good

Improved bracelet and engraving on caseback

Probably the only negatives are the thickness all around of the Oragne Milgauss Font, the numbers (5-10-15-20- etc) and the lightning bolt hand

Black Rolex and superlative markings appear to be too thick as well.

http://www.watches24seven.com/gallery2/mai..._serialNumber=1

Agreed cableguy. The first few Gens of the Milgauss were all wrong in a DJ body.

This bracelet looks really good!

ROLEX-474-12.jpg

Now just the Dial improvements. Somewhat easy to correct the hour marker Orange Luminova. Another thing to change the second markers, numbers, Lettering font, etc.

So A dial swap would be the most cost effective. I can't see anything wrong with the case, body, bracelet sofar.

Same thing with the GV. Case, bracelet, proportions not too shabby (per pics)

But Dial needs work. The special Orange Lume on the Gen doesn't look bright in daylight like the Rep. The second marker and numbers are all fine font on the Gen and the Rep's are thick as are the Lettering.

But the most telling is the Green Sapphire of the Gen versus the Rep. Something that would steer me to the White Milly and the Black Milly avoiding the Gen. That one thing will take a long time to improve upon, (and possibly never be replicated).

I've seen hundreds of pics of the GV sapphire under different lighting conditions. Coloured glass or AR coloured tint is not going to have the same effect on the Rep.

116400gv-0002.jpg

Edited by BigSlickAK

This one is from Trusty, and looks rather good. I have always liked the clean lines of this Rolex, but there was never a decent rep of it.

1f372740217ddd74b39b16cis3.jpg