When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need advice on how to ship back to China

William Campbell

I need to send a watch back to China from the USA for repair and my dealer gave me no instructions on how to do so, he just gave me an address. A while ago someone posted similar question and one of our members replied, "USPS I just send mine back priority ... or you can go just 1st class.. the most important thing to remember is to declair it as costume jewelry accsesory and clasim 10 usd .. that is the most important thing to remember.. just follow your dealers instructions toi the letter and you won't have a problem".

Does everyone agree on this? And what happens if it is lost or seized? Do I only get $10 back? How can I protect myself?

Thanks for any help.

I need to send a watch back to China from the USA for repair and my dealer gave me no instructions on how to do so, he just gave me an address. A while ago someone posted similar question and one of our members replied, "USPS I just send mine back priority ... or you can go just 1st class.. the most important thing to remember is to declair it as costume jewelry accsesory and clasim 10 usd .. that is the most important thing to remember.. just follow your dealers instructions toi the letter and you won't have a problem".

Does everyone agree on this? And what happens if it is lost or seized? Do I only get $10 back? How can I protect myself?

Thanks for any help.

You can't protect yourself...that's the beauty of the rep game. But if you look at the responses here on shipping back to China, you will find VERY few (if any for that matter) have encountered issues.

Main points:

• Shipping should be about $15-20...anymore than that and you shipping the wrong way or have the wrong sized package
  • Check your postal service's minimum size restrictions...too small a package (i.e. Josh small boxes) can get charged an undersized premium
  • Don't ship by courier...too expensive...and risks closer inspection and possible seizure
  • declare as whatever you want...just not a Rolex or whatever or you'll lose it for sure either through seizure or theft

Depending on where you send it to, it is always best to stick with EMS for China. Beijing is a good place to receive time piece. I recently sold a gen Exploer II to some areas in Beijing, he told me not to worry about custom issues...

How do I send with EMS from the USA? I thought that EMS was only in China? Do I ask at the post office about EMS?