When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just bought a Hamilton 917...

mjmurphy926

I just bought this on the bay:

hamiltonkell.jpg

hamiltonkell3.jpg

Not bad for a 53 year old movement.

hamiltonkell1.jpg

I probably over paid a little bit ($92 + $3.95 shipping), but someone else wanted it pretty bad too. We kind of got into a bidding war.

I've been watching these for a few weeks now and this is one of the cleanest movements I've seen.

I want to pull the movement and build a watch, just not sure where to start. I've seen someone install one of these movements in a fiddy case, and I've seen t install one in one of his cases. I think I like t's better. (If you're reading this t, any chance I could get a hold of one of those cases?)

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike

I've been looking at the pocketwatches for the last year on e-bay...saw some amazing looking movements going FS at a ridiculous price...pity I have never picked up any of them...

I have this picture saved on my laptop from the project watch from a member of the forum (I think!)..not sure who he is and I hope he will not mind me posting his beautiful work...hope he sees this thread and posts more of them...

f_Project026Lm_953a37f.jpg

• 1 month later...