When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does anyone know anything about this watch?

Gadget Man

Hi guys,

I have been having a sort out and I came accross this old automatic swiss watch that use to belong to my Grandad.

I know nothing about it, other that what I can find out on google and that was that the swiss watch makers, Jowissa Watch Ltd was set up in 1951, I cannot find out anything about the brand Halcyon or this watch a 'Halcyon De Luxe'

Can any of you guys help with any information about the watch and the movement and do you think would it be worth anything?

Cheers

HalcyonFront.jpg

HalcyonCaseback.jpg

HalcyonCasebackinside.jpg

The writing on the movement reads "ONE 1 JEWEL UNADUSTED SWISS, JOWISSA WATCH LTD" Then to the right are the initials "GN"

HalcyonMovement.jpg

The Jowissa Watch Ltd. was founded by Josef Wyss in 1951. He started to manufacture watches in his own house in Bettlach, Switzerland, with two fellow employees. During the first years they manufactured watches for other brands. The business developed very successfully and made a physical expansion of the factory necessary in 1958. As a consequence a separate manufactory was built next to the residence of Mr. Wyss and more employees were recruited. During the 1970ies Jowissa Watch Ltd. was taken over by the second generation of the Wyss family. Josef's sons Erich, Manfred and Leander Wyss decided to start manufacturing watches under the own brand "Jowissa", a shortcut of "Josef Wyss AG". At the same time Jowissa moved its headquarters and the manufactory to a new location in the center of the village Bettlach, Switzerland, where it

That was only information I could find about Jowissa Watch Ltd.

I'm interested to know if anyone can date the watch (i would guess at late 50's maybe erly 60's) and if this brand or automatic movement has any value at all?

Cheers

That was only information I could find about Jowissa Watch Ltd.

I'm interested to know if anyone can date the watch (i would guess at late 50's maybe erly 60's) and if this brand or automatic movement has any value at all?

Cheers

the movement is a mechanical manually wound, not automatic.