When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting that inside Rehut shine...

blue_sphere

Alright guys,

Question on the submariner rehut shine. Right now I am in the same situation as frank. I removed the ROLEXROLEXROLEX with a dremel... now the inside is TOO shiny. What I need is something similar to what he used. I have asked both frank and chefcook about it and now need your help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/piz...nn/DSC02317.jpg

It looks to be a 3M superfine pad, but I cannot find them anywhere. I asked Chefcook and this is what he told me

"should be 3M 216U 60549 pads (grey foam). I used grain 600 on a polished surface and had good results with it."

I tried 600 grain sandpaper... NOT good results. At least not the ones I am looking for. I am running out of options here and am not sure what the next step is!

Does anyone know where I can pick this up or pick up something similar?

-Shawn

Alright guys,

Question on the submariner rehut shine. Right now I am in the same situation as frank. I removed the ROLEXROLEXROLEX with a dremel... now the inside is TOO shiny. What I need is something similar to what he used. I have asked both frank and chefcook about it and now need your help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/piz...nn/DSC02317.jpg

It looks to be a 3M superfine pad, but I cannot find them anywhere. I asked Chefcook and this is what he told me

"should be 3M 216U 60549 pads (grey foam). I used grain 600 on a polished surface and had good results with it."

I tried 600 grain sandpaper... NOT good results. At least not the ones I am looking for. I am running out of options here and am not sure what the next step is!

Does anyone know where I can pick this up or pick up something similar?

-Shawn

come on... i think it is not bad at all , judging from the pic imo . . .

i ckeched @ ADs the rehaut shine and i found they are really shiny ...

the sheen looks fine to me, any other shots to share, centered over dial perhaps?

my question is more about how well the shape is after planing, did you find it easy to maintain the orginal shape of the ring and how well does the dial edge look against the rehaut ring?

im planning to do mine soon, but was going to skip the dremel due to control and hand sand with 400 -1200 grit paper.