When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TopGun Ceramic

fullex

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought it when it was updated "brushed ceramic."

I was not very happy when I got it and it was high polished.

After working on the case at the shop, I can confirm it is real ceramic, yet had a very weird coating on it that gave it a high polish. After much grinding and bead blasting ive managed to get a really nice flat mat ceramic look to the case!

I am very happy with the result.

Like I presumed, brushed version never really existed ... another "Little white lie" :thumbdown:

regards

Guest jdb1417

post-15529-1227232372_thumb.jpg

Thats the best picture I can do. This is how I got that horrible high shine off the case:

I removed the strap movement / dial and took out the crystal and pushers (these were very tricky)

I ground down the case EVENLY with a wide dremel tool. A weird almost glue-like film started peeling away from the ceramic.

I took the case to my shop and bead blasted the hell out if it with fine diamond-based compound.

I just kept bead blasting it until it was no longer shinny and had a nice even mat black finish.

The case is real ceramic, it was a pain in the ass to bead blast because it was so hard. I have no clue what "glue" the rep manufactures put on the case to give it such i high gloss, and I have no idea why.

Overall it was a lot of work, but the watch looks amazing now that its done, put back together and running smoothly.

Guest jdb1417

after all that hard work im actually thinking of selling it to fund another purchase......if anyone is interested ;)

That looks really great. When it looks like that I want to have one too.

Maybe you can make some extra cash by modifying those cases for us.

Edited by jdb1417