When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Toronto Eaton's Centre La Swiss Now Opened

Toadtorrent

The Eaton's Centre La Swiss location just opened yesterday afternoon, so I poppoed in today to check out the Blacksteel. Looks good!

To be honest, after all the construction, the store really doesn't have a lot of stock. They have a few Ulysse Nardin and a bunch of Oris...but they have a lot of Breitlings...lots of Bentley's...a nice 6.75...Emergency's, etc...a couple blue dialed Skylands and a limited edition NHLPA black dial along with the Blacksteel. As much as I like the watch, I do like the flexibility offered by the non black steel. A simple strap change and you go from dressy to casual. This is not possible with the Blacksteel...it's a full-on tactical piece.

3 brands represented...that's pretty much it.

I have to say the Skyland on Bracelet is not really my thing. I'm glad I have the rubber and leather deployments.

A dumb thing they have done is put the display pads for trying on the watches on a shallow shelf right in front of the case but right in the swing path of the glass doors. Put a watch (i.e. yours that you have taken off to try on theirs) on the pad, and the door will most surely knock yours off onto the ground...or theirs if you happen to have a few watches out.

Crazy cabinets designed by architects and designers instead of actual horologists.

Thats funny, I had that very Blacksteel on my wrist at about 12:30. Nice, but much too similar to my Chrono Avenger on rubber.

I agree, the store is not very well done. Too much floor space, not enough watches. Breitling has about half the store (okay by me) and Nardin has about a quarter, but with very few watches. No Porsche watches, like they used to have either. Hopefully they'll be getting more stuff soon.

BTW what did you think of the special edition NHLPA Skyland?

Sorry no pic. Its just a regular black Skyland with an NHLPA logo beside the datewheel where the wings and text would normally go. They used to do an NHLPA Super Avenger, but they seem to have opted for the Skyland.

BTW, thats National Hockey League Players Association for those that don't know.

This makes me feel so ashamed... Ottawa doesn't even have a single Breitling or UN dealership...

Well...we're not the Nation's Capital for nothing. ;)

@Andreww - I wasn't a big fan of the NHLPA one...not being a big hockey fan

@Dave - by numbers, the odds of seeing a Blacksteel Skyland at only 2000 are much less than seeing a Blacksteel SA at 3000!!

I was surprised they didn't have any croc straps, and no deployment buckles. I laughed when they priced the deployment buckle at $250. Hmmm...how much did I pay for my V3 Skyland with the extra strap and deployment and shipping???